heart rate monitor

Shelley L.
on 6/27/09 5:45 pm - overland park, KS

I've asked this before, but I'm really serious about wanting to get one. I have a watch now that I have to put my fingers on to get a heart rate, but it's nothing fancy.

I dont' want to spend a ton of money ~$100 or so, but I'd like one that tracks your heartrate and where you can set limits, I also wouldn't mind being able to calcuate calories burned, etc.

I've done some looking online but I"m pretty much overwhelmed and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

347/194-back up to 215/189  48lbs lost before surgery!

Sherry_Berry
on 6/27/09 9:39 pm - Dacula, GA
Polar has many different models. I like them b/c they're waterproof (I'm a triathlete) and they sync up with the machines at the gym.
Shelley L.
on 6/29/09 8:04 am - overland park, KS

I went to the Polar website and was just as confused, they didn't really explain anything and I wasn't even sure how to find what I wanted. 

I even looked up a consumer reports article that reviewed them and made recommendations, that just added to the confusion. 

I hate making decisions like this, I never feel like I choose the right thing or have all the information. 

thanks for your help, tho

347/194-back up to 215/189  48lbs lost before surgery!

shane614
on 6/28/09 11:13 pm - elgin, IL
I agree Polar has the best selection for the price you are looking at.
dawnspaints
on 6/29/09 1:00 am - Carlyle, IL
Where do you get these at?
Sherry_Berry
on 6/29/09 11:21 am - Dacula, GA
I got mine in a running store. For my bike I got it off performance bike.com.

Try googling Polar Heart Rate Monitor. You will find a whole lot of sites.
Skooshy
on 7/10/09 5:26 am - Hazlet, NJ
Hi Shelley:

I've been consistently spinning and weight training for almost 2 years now.  It is really the major reason that I've gone from 335 pre-surgery to 135 now and have successfully kept the weight off going on 4 years now.  I waited a long time but I FINALLY got both spin shoes and a heartrate monitor.  I LOVE my monitor and am so sorry I didn't buy one sooner!  After much asking around I got the Polar F8.  It runs about $110 at Sports Authority but I had a $25 off coupon that I used.  It is waterproof, easy to use and gives you a nice readout of both time, heartrate levels and calories burned.  It also tracks your workouts for the entire week and gives you a nice total of everything on Sundays.  I really love it.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
Christine
Most Active