Saturday Workouts!!

Elisa K.
on 6/27/09 2:46 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hey Everyone!  I'll get this one started.

My husband and I did the Independence Day Races - 10K this morning.  I finished in 1:14:02.  Not much of a race report, I'm afraid - LOL! 

So, what did you do today???
Sherry_Berry
on 6/27/09 5:15 am - Dacula, GA
Heh. I did a slow 3 mile walk. trying to keep HR LOW so I won't scramble the baby.

Great job at the 10k! I'm walking the Peachtree 10k next Sat. Ummmm. Perhaps I'll finish in 2 hours! SNORT.
Nicki H.
on 6/27/09 5:56 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with

Good Saturday!  I just discovered this board so I thought I would post.  I certainly am not up to 10K material, but at lunch today I did treadmil sprints both flat and up hill 11% grade for 30 minutes.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Cassie W.
on 6/27/09 6:22 am
Welcome to the exercise and fitness board Nicole!  It's a great place to be inspired.

Today was an easy 8-mile run today.  My 15K training group continues to make me proud.  They'll certainly be ready for the Boilermaker July 12th.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Nicki H.
on 6/27/09 6:24 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Thanks Cassie!
It is so funny I always thought I could run pre op.  I look at pics now of back then and realize why my PT didn't want me to run!LOL.
I have never been a runner, let alone for any amount of time.  The other day I was able to run at 5.5 for 8 minutes.  Made me feel really great!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Elisa K.
on 6/27/09 7:38 am - Lumberton, NJ
That's awesome Nicole!!  That's how it all starts!!  I started out going for walks, and trying to run - first it was run to the end of the driveway, then try and run one block, then two, etc.  I worked my way up to running 20 minutes straight - then kept adding on from there.   Enjoy, and keep up the good work!! 

mcarthur01
on 6/27/09 6:22 am - Cumming, GA
rest day today... tomorrow i am going to try an easy 7 mile run in the morning (current longest run is 6 miles)...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 6/27/09 8:37 am
Went for a 50 mile bike ride today.

first 1/2 was great, then the group stopped for some water/food/etc.
It was very hard to get going again.  The legs didn't want to cooperate.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Mifiremedic
on 6/27/09 9:51 am - MI
I did a nice easy 7.1 mile run this morning trying to play catch up on my running since I've been spending so much time on the new bike.

Tomorrow looking at a nice OWS of roughly a 1500 yards and then a nice easy 40 mile bike ride. Gonna try a new saddle tomorrow (one with some padding in it)..

Thanks for letting me share
MacMadame
on 6/27/09 10:12 am - Northern, CA
My "New to the Sport" group was supposed to do a 3 hour long bike ride. We ended up out there for 3 hours and 40 min! (And it was 90 by the time we were done too.)

I did okay. I consumed lots and lots of gels and Marie's Special Mix Sports Drink.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active