Off to Houston today for Triathlon Sunday

Darrell H.
on 6/26/09 2:39 am - Sinton, TX
Ready or not here I come. I said this saying many times playing hide and seek as a child, but it couldn't be any truer today. I know I am ready and I am going for it. Excitement is bubbling out of me like a diet coke that just had 50 mentos dropped in it. The excitement grew even more this morning when I went for my final swim before Sundays tri. A couple of months ago, I could barely do a 25 yard length of the pool in 50-55 seconds. Today, my first triathlon plan called for 15 minutes of swimming, 1 length at a time with a 30 sec rest. I swam 400 yards with every length under 30 seconds. That is almost 30 seconds faster than what I was swimming just a short couple of months ago. That really pumped me up. Then I came home to finish packing.

I would really like to sincerely thank each and everyone of you on this forum. You all have been such a great inspiration to me, and I can honestly say I dont know if I would be where I am now without your encouragement and support. From you experienced Triathletes and IRONMEN, the dedicated runners, to all of you newbies like me. All of you have been on a journey of fitness for yourselves, but what you may not know that in doing so, you have helped encourage and inspire many others. I cannot thank you all enough for this.

When I first started posting more on this forum, I posted the Daring Greatly quote, by Teddy Roosevelt. This quote has really been a driving force behind my fitness goals. I plan on going out there Sunday and Dare Greatly. I have also launched a web page (ok, it is really just in the construction phase and should be up completely after the tri with my first race report). The url is www.tridaringgreatly.com. I encourage everyone to get out there and DO things as you have and never be afraid of failure.

Now, off to the 3rd Annual Y Freedom Tri in Pearland, Texas. Thanks and god Bless you all!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
saxman007
on 6/26/09 3:45 am - Port Huron, MI
Tear it up out there this weekend! 
kypdurran
on 6/26/09 4:21 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Best of luck this weekend Darrell!   Enjoy yourself and have a great time at your first tri!   You only get so many firsts so savor that finish line man.

Best of luck!

Chad

Seht
on 6/26/09 4:45 am
Best wishes to you this weekend.

I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 6/26/09 9:53 am
Good luck and have a great time!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 6/26/09 2:13 pm - Missoula, MT
 Hey Darrell,

You're trained and about as ready as you can be.  Have a great time, and understand that it all gets better from the first.  Can't wait to read your report when you get home.

Linn
MacMadame
on 6/26/09 4:36 pm - Northern, CA
Good luck! It's been fun to watch your progress.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active