Fridays workouts

saxman007
on 6/26/09 3:38 am - Port Huron, MI
Great day for me:
13 miles with a couple students, nice and easy: averaged 13/mph
36 mile solo ride averaging 18.6/mph.  Had a brutal headwind on the way out, the 4 mile stretch where it was behind me I averaged 24.5/mph.  Unfortunately the wind switched on me from what should've been a sidewind to a headwind.  Oh well, still a nice total 49 mile ride for the day.  

Sherry_Berry
on 6/26/09 4:27 am - Dacula, GA
I'll take a head wind over a cross wind anyday!

I was going to ellipticate.

I decided instead to "save the legs" for tomorrow. I haven't done much in the way of pedestrian activities lately. I have a 10k next week which I'm NOT trained for. I'll walk it, but still.

So, tomorrow DH and I will be doing a 5+ mile walk. I'm doing that mostly just to make sure I don't get terribly out of breath or feel bad. This will be my 5th Peachtree Roadrace-don't wanna miss it, but don't wanna go into early labor either!
Seht
on 6/26/09 4:43 am
Got in a morning swim
Will get a bike ride this evening

Saturday I have a 50 mile ride scheduled.
Sunday is six flags, so a day of walking around the park and an evening run.
The goal for Sunday will be to avoid all the yummy food the park has to offer.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 6/26/09 5:14 am - Cumming, GA
42 minutes of weights (chest/tri), 5 mile run on some light hills in 48 minutes, and then a 2000 meter swim in around 45 minutes....
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Sherry_Berry
on 6/26/09 6:16 am - Dacula, GA
Are you doing any OWS? Mary Alice park is closed now, right?
mcarthur01
on 6/27/09 6:32 am - Cumming, GA
pool only at this point... i was going to ask you about where to do an OWS on Lake Lanier as I'm in ******* now.  I was going to try around the dam area (buford dam rd.) at one of the beaches there...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Sherry_Berry
on 6/27/09 8:45 am - Dacula, GA
My tri club has been doing them at Dallas Landing Park in Ackworth. I used to go to Lake Lanier/Mary Alice to do my swims.

Perhaps if you find a good beach I'll meet up with you and we can go swimmins.
Markrb
on 6/26/09 9:37 am - MA
I decided that it was time I tried this brick that I hear you triathletes talk about, since I plan on signing up for a sprint later in the summer.

I did a 12 mile bike ride in 50 minutes, then 5K in 30. Now I know why they call it a brick since that's what my legs felt like for the first mile of the run. Next week I hit the pool and see how that goes.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Cassie W.
on 6/26/09 9:55 am
Rest day for me.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Vicki PNW
on 6/26/09 1:00 pm
1 hour Group Power class, a barbell program.
15 minutes on dreadmill.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on elliptical while awaiting an announcement of the coroner's autopsy findings on Michael Jackson on national TV.  Toward the end of my training, some guy came on lectern to advise us that the announcement would be delayed another hour or possibly two (didn't stay for the coroner's office announcement).

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active