Joined a Gym this week...

jenjengrins
on 6/24/09 11:48 pm - Olathe, KS
Well, I joined Snap Fitness this week and oh boy I just love it there.  I had been doing exercises at home, but needed something new with more equipment to use.  I've been going since i've joined.  I am going today then taking Friday and Saturday off since I have a lot of things planned and I want to exercise as a lifestyle something I can live with.  

It seems even when I dont work out I end up doing some sort of activity.  Anyone else feel this way?  Take exercise days off and do some sort of activity?
Darrell H.
on 6/25/09 2:48 am - Sinton, TX
Congratulations. I usually do some sort of activity on rest days, but i try to keep it away from what I had been doing to prevent burnout. One of my biggest rest day activities is yard and garden work.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
kypdurran
on 6/26/09 1:18 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Jen.   Staying active on days off is a great idea.   My tri coach lovingly refers to these days as "active recovery days".    The purpose of those days are to keep your body loose and limber and give it a chance to recover after a long training week.   My active recovery days are usually on Fridays and consist of an easy swim, an easy bike and an easy run.   I'm not trying to improve my fitness during those days but I am staying active and keeping my metabolic fire burning.  Listen to your body.  It will tell you when you need a break.

Best of luck!

Chad

Most Active