Tuesday Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/22/09 10:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I got up early and ran in the dark before it got too dang hot... I ran 5.52 Miles in 46:13 at an average pace of 7.2 MPH which is right in the wheelhouse of where I want to be this weekend at Ironman Buff Springs 70.3. Then, I did a nice smooth 45 minute ride at averagge pace of 19.7 mph.... Nothing crazy, after all it is taper time!! WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Hawgman
on 6/22/09 11:26 pm - TX
Good luck this weekend.

Did a three mile run, also early before it got hot, in 34:06.  Not real fast but a good training pace for where I am right now.

Darrell
Sherry_Berry
on 6/22/09 11:36 pm - Dacula, GA
I painted a wall.
saxman007
on 6/23/09 2:50 am - Port Huron, MI
 Hey it worked for the Karate Kid!
Darrell H.
on 6/22/09 11:43 pm - Sinton, TX
I went to the natatorium where I did several different drills working on different aspects of my stroke. Not sure how many meters or laps I did with those as my tri coach was keeping track, then I completed the morning with a 300 meter swim trying to work on a specific technique I have been working on each 50 meter length of the pool. I think my coach wanted to make sure I could make the distance before Sunday. I swam it at a slow 9 minutes, but that is more than a minute faster than at the end of April which is also more than a minute faster than I put on my estimated time for the tri. I still need to work on keeping my head down in the water and rotating from the hip.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 6/22/09 11:47 pm, edited 6/22/09 11:48 pm
Planning to do some bike and run work.  Nothing much, just nice and easy.

Scott

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the swim.  It shouldn't be this hard.  I have no endurance in the pool.  It feels like I'm swimming up hill both ways to school, and twice on Sunday.

I don't think Masters swim is doing anything for me.  All they seem interested in is swimming related to speed for competitions.  I'm interested in swimming for distance.  I don't care how long it takes me to swim 2.4 miles, I just want to be able to do it, and not feel like I'm going to drown after 200 yards.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 6/22/09 11:52 pm - Cumming, GA
42 minutes of weights (back, bi, and shoulders), 5 mile run outside with rolling hills in 47:54, then a 2000 meter swim in 45 minutes (1400 meters in a row then 2 X 300 meter breast then free)...

i'm tired now.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

saxman007
on 6/23/09 2:52 am - Port Huron, MI
Short 2 mile run at a good pace -- wanted to do more but my yard needed mowing and I've got a race tomorrow night.  Got to keep fresh for that.
Tonight is a new swim class + probably 9 holes of golf (do I really need another expensive new sport?) 
Elisa K.
on 6/23/09 10:06 am - Lumberton, NJ

The hubby and I ran 6.3 miles.  It's finally feeling like summer in NJ - luckily the route I mapped out was mostly shaded.

Cassie W.
on 6/23/09 11:59 am
Ran an easy 6.2 miles  at 10:17 pace.  It was hard to keep it easy, but my running partner kept me reined in.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active