Fathers day score

Seht
on 6/22/09 7:12 am
Hey dads, how was your father's day.
I hope everyone enjoyed their day.

I had a double workout, had to make up for missing saturday, while I was camping.
I did score a Camelback and a nice lightweight hat to protect the almost bald head.

I gave the camelback a test run last night during my ride.  Man that sure is a lot more convenient than fumbling with getting bottles in and out of cages on the frame.

Dad's day dinner was awesome, and it was an enjoyable day all around.
I hope everyone else had a great day.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/22/09 7:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
The kids got me an awesome picture that mom took them to get last week with an awesome frame, and they baked me some Oatmeal cookies made with Splenda and Splenda brown sugar... It was heaven eating those... I have not eaten a cookie in 20 months!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 6/22/09 7:59 am
mmmmmmmm  Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been playing with healthy choice recipe combinations for making my own cookies.  I have found a couple I like, all involving splenda and some times protein powder added.

Made some brownies that used unsweetened applesauce and pumpkin to keep them moise, and splenda for the sweetness.  They were pretty good, but didn't hold up to hanging around a couple days.  They were best the first day right out of the oven.

Scott

Darrell H.
on 6/22/09 8:29 am - Sinton, TX
They refused to get me anything dealing with fitness. They said that I had gotten enough th elast couple of months. lol

I did get a couple of shirts which was great. I am still losing weight and I can never get enough clothes. Yesterday was a double celebration for me. It was also my 6th Wedding Anniversary. My wife made lasagne and we had a wonderful day at home.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 6/22/09 12:01 pm
I haven't had lasagne in a long time.  That sounds so good.

Congrats on the wedding Anniversary, I hope you have many many more to come.

Scott

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/22/09 12:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Lasagna is ALWAYS my prerace meal!!! I love it... Must be the oily Guinea in me :)
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Hawgman
on 6/22/09 11:29 pm - TX
Kids got me a book and a remote temp sensor for my bbq pit.  Pretty cool deal.  Just layed around mostly was very busy week for us.   We had the county fair and also the state show.

Glad its over!

Darrell
panhead58fl
on 6/23/09 1:44 am - Barboursville, WV
My wife asked me what I wanted for Father's Day, I told her a leaf blower because my old one took a dump. We even went to a couple of stores and looked at them and I told her which one I liked best. She bought me a new lap top? Some where in there a woman's logic took over. I know it makes perfect sense to her and having been married for 27 years I know to enjoy my new lap top and go buy the leaf blower my self!

pan head
Seht
on 6/23/09 2:09 am
I like your wifes thinking.
I have to agree.  I much prefer to give and receive enjoyable fun gifts.
Practical gifts are something best purchased by the person wanting it.
Now if it suits both purposes, it's win win.

I'd never buy my wife a vacuum even if she asked and begged for one.
However, I'd be happy if she bought whichever model it was she wanted for herself.

Scott

MacMadame
on 6/23/09 3:20 pm - Northern, CA
On June 23, 2009 at 8:44 AM Pacific Time, panhead58fl wrote:
My wife asked me what I wanted for Father's Day, I told her a leaf blower because my old one took a dump. We even went to a couple of stores and looked at them and I told her which one I liked best. She bought me a new lap top? Some where in there a woman's logic took over. I know it makes perfect sense to her and having been married for 27 years I know to enjoy my new lap top and go buy the leaf blower my self!

pan head
I did something similar to my dh. He wanted a grill. I don't think that's a present because we always get a new one when the old one gets gross. So I bought him something else and we'll go get a grill this weekend.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active