Dad always said there is no dumb question... but...

Darrell H.
on 6/21/09 12:25 am - Sinton, TX
This might be it...

OK. I was going to ask this as a private message to a few of you, but I think the information is important and can help some other newbies out as well. So here goes.

I am having a problem with rubbing myself raw while biking and running. I just bought some body glide and I hope that will do the trick. What I need to know is when and yes even how to apply it. Will it stay on if I put it on before the swim. I cant see myself wasting time in transition with my hand sin my shorts. Also the area of the nipples. I have a huge problem (no pun intended). My nipples are a health hazzard. When I come walking around signs automatically pop up that say "SAFETY GLASSES REQUIRED!" After this mornings brick I was really hurting. Sam question appies. Do I put Body Glide on and will it stay on during the swim. I have also heard of some type of pads that can be used. I am sorry if these questions seem inappropriate, but I am desperate. I should have asked and figured this stuff out before 7 days before my first tri.

Thanks everyone!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
levittown_loser
on 6/21/09 12:33 am - Levittown, PA
I've only had problems with my nipples on longer runs if I don't have a compression top on. 

I have not used body glide yet but I think I will need it as it gets hotter out this summer. 

If I don't want to wear a compression top I use Nexcare Waterproof Bandages ... cheaper than NipGuards and work great.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

saxman007
on 6/21/09 1:08 am - Port Huron, MI
 Body Glide is your friend!!!  I always lube up my next before putting on my wetsuit and haven't had any problems.  
As far as nipples, haven't figured that one out yet.  I haven't tried Nipguards yet, did try double band-aids and still had bloody nipples at the marathon.  My local running store said Body Glide would help this but after 7 miles I was still bloody.
On the flip side, wearing compression shirts HAS helped this problem.  
I'm envious of those who DON'T have this problem
DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/21/09 3:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
I have ran 2 marathons, tons of miles in training and never had the nipple prob. I ALWAYS wear Tights compression, probably a size too small to help keep everything snug! As for body glide.. I AM A FAN!!! If I am going just on rides, I use chaomi butter, if its a multi-discipline training day or race, I use body glide. I recommend putting it all over your garbage AND Chamoi to make sure you are covered completely. That will do the trick!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active