EEEKKK!! Sudden race nerves!

Vampi
on 6/20/09 12:06 pm - Mandeville, LA
Signed up to do "Run Through Hell" in Tampa.  I thought it was a regular little 5k in the park, but tonight I found out it's a little longer than a 5k... about 3.4 and it's a trail race!  I have never done a trail race before.  I also have found by looking at last year's race results that it's not a very big race.  Being my first trail race and kind of small... I don't know if I can handle it if I come in last.. which is a good possibility. 

The last 5k I did with friends I came in last with four of my friends because I was waiting for them and wouldn't leave them.  I was hoping this could be my first race where I don't wait for ANYONE and really get to test myself.  Now, I am afraid that my best may just be last!! 

UGH!

Thanks for listening to the whining.

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/20/09 12:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Please watch this and don't worry about what place you come in. Race within yourself... Race to beat the course. Race to finish strong. You will do great... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbgOGnbxDo
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Vampi
on 6/22/09 1:20 am - Mandeville, LA
ACK!!  I cried!  That is awesome! 

I am about to post a race report about yesterday.  

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

saxman007
on 6/20/09 1:07 pm - Port Huron, MI
Have fun on your run -- trail runs can be fun!  I've only done one and it kicked my a$$, BUT I can't wait to get back out on that trail in the near future because it was just so cool and a great, great run.  Read this recent thread -- Chad's (kypdurran) comments are just so right on for most of us on most of our races:  www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fitness/3960575/First-Olympic-length-triathlon-in-the-bag/
Good luck and looking forward to your race report tomorrow!
--Dan
DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/20/09 1:22 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I have registered for The Rocky Racoon next Feb.... It's a 100 Mile Trail Run and you get 25 hours to finish... The prize? I big A$$ belt buckle that says I finished and does not say what place I finished. Have a ton of fun and kick some bootie!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active