xpost Garmin forerunner 50

missy_penguin
on 6/18/09 12:13 am - Jonesboro, IN
Have any of you guys had one of these little gadgets and if so what did you think?
saxman007
on 6/18/09 12:42 am - Port Huron, MI
 I have a 305 -- you can get them for about $150 now of days.  I LOVE it!!!  It gives me heartrate (of course) but also all the GPS data I need.  Being able to see my pace while I'm out running or biking is huge for me.  Plus it's pretty cool to be able to upload the data into your computer and compare your workouts through the months.
Not sure what the 50 is going for -- but the 305 is worth the price.
levittown_loser
on 6/18/09 12:51 am - Levittown, PA
That's the non GPS version right?   It uses a foot pod for the speed / distance data right? 

I'm sure you will like it and find it useful for the lower cost. 

If you can swing it and your going to get or are serious about running then I'd hold out and get a GPS version.   I have the Forerunner 405 and just LOVE it.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

missy_penguin
on 6/18/09 1:02 am - Jonesboro, IN
Thanks! I'm just starting out so I think I will stick with the basic one for now and see how that goes.

Seht
on 6/18/09 2:16 am
I have one of the Garmins and love it.  I have the 305 model.
You can get them at costco for $150.00 or so, I think they were even less last year at christmas time.

You can make it as basic or as complicated as you want.  If cost isn't the issue, I would get the 305 or newer models.  Why buy twice.  If you continue, you will probably regret not just getting one of the newer models.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 6/18/09 4:30 pm - Northern, CA
Yes, get the best one you can. I bought a HRM on sale and now I have to buy another one because it doesn't do what I want!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 6/18/09 2:53 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Missy I have used a Forerunner 50 now for 2 years.   I have the HRM, footpod and I even used the cycling sensor for awhile.   It's a perfect entry level, non-GPS watch and you can usually pick them up with all the accessories for under $100 on Ebay and some other specialty online shops.  I will probably be upgrading to the Garmin 310XT soon because it handles multisport much better than the Forerunner 50 and it's waterproof unlike their other GPS watch.    

One thing about Garmin is they stand behind their products.   My watch strap broke and it was specific to the watch.   I called Garmin and they replaced the entire watch, free of charge.  

Best of luck!

Chad

saxman007
on 6/18/09 5:40 am - Port Huron, MI
 Gonna hijack the thread -- sorry!
I have my Garmin set to auto-lap at .5 miles/run and 5 miles/bike -- just like to have smaller chunks of data to work with.  Here's my problem -- when I do a multi-sport my watch will still give me lap splits, but when I pull it up using the Garmin software the laps are gone.  Is there anyway to do multi-sport and download the laps?
Thanks guys
--Dan
panhead58fl
on 6/18/09 7:02 am - Barboursville, WV
I have the Garmin 405, still learning things about it. I really like mine.

pan head
canticles
on 6/21/09 1:11 pm - Richardson, TX
 I have the forerunner 50 and I'm a newbie to running.  It's a cool little gadget!  I still haven't figured out all the functions on it, but I've been able to get moving with it and use it to track my progress.
Most Active