Thursday Workouts

saxman007
on 6/18/09 5:51 am, edited 6/18/09 12:43 pm - Port Huron, MI
 All set to ride my bike and realized my Garmin was almost out of juice, grrrr.  Trying to waste time for about 30 minutes or so to give it a quick charge -- Will head out on a 25-30 mile bike ride.  Gonna have a short rest before I head up to the school to do my run group -- Think I'm gonna try Scott's mile repeats -- sounds like a good way to get in 5 or 6 good miles.
I'll update with the actually fruits of my labor when I get done with everything!
Bike: did 31 miles with a 19.5 average -- grr..I let myself go easy on this one
Run: 4.5 with some nice 6 minute sprints (just 200) -- did get max outt at 5:30/mile!!! (course I have no idea how long I held that, lol)

--Dan
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 6:45 am - Maumelle, AR
Fitness camp this morning - several total body exercises.  I'm definitely sore from yesterday, so that made it extra-fun.  I'm still nowhere near as sore as I was the first week... signs of improvement!

No plans to exercise again until Saturday when I run an easy 4-5 miles.  I'm definitely more energetic today than I have been the last couple weeks, so I feel good about this decision.  I'll continue the extra protein, too.
Elisa K.
on 6/18/09 8:59 am - Lumberton, NJ
Got a five mile run in after work. 
MacMadame
on 6/18/09 4:28 pm - Northern, CA
Long run in the AM. I was supposed to do 8 miles but I ran out of time (had a meeting at work to get to).

Bike in the PM. I finally did the whole loop just like everyone else!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Michelle B.
on 6/18/09 9:05 pm - Augusta, ME
Ran 5 whole miles for the first time!!!  And I am not sore today.  I am signed up to do a 10 mile run on 6/27.  I have not progressed as well as I thought but I am still going to go and do what I can anyways.  I may even surprise myself.
I am so excited.  I start a tri training program at the YMCA on Monday.  My first Tri is 8/2/09. 

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

saxman007
on 6/19/09 12:46 am - Port Huron, MI
 Take it easy on the 10 mile run!!  Increasing your longest run by 50% is stretching it for running(on a bike it's safe).  You'll be able to make it, but I'd suggest walking the water stations and just plan on doing a minute or 2 or walking for every mile.  Don't want to hurt yourself trying to go from  5 miles to 10 to quick.
By the way -- CONGRATS on the 5 miles!!!  It's a great feeling isn't it?
Vicki PNW
on 6/19/09 1:55 pm
1 hour Group Active class involving 1/3 step, 1/3 free weights, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga and stretching.

Spelled my dad's wife for a few hours in the afternoon.  Accompanied my dad for 2 walks to/from end of block.  He wanted to walk to the school several blocks away, but I did not think it was a good idea at this time.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active