Thursday Workouts

Darrell H.
on 6/17/09 10:41 pm - Sinton, TX
Woke up at 4am to go to the pool this morning. There is another swim meet this weekend at the natatorium so they had the lanes at 50 Meters rather than the usual 25 yards. This is perfect since my tri next week is in a 50 meter pool. I wanted to swim slow and work on the the things I worked on with my tri coach on Tuesday. My 1st 100 meters went great except for my breathing ( I have got to get that down). My next 300 meters, I was concentrated too much on keeping my head down and hips and legs up, that I forgot my technique in the water where I rotate from side to side. So my last 50 meters I did the shark drill really concentrating on rotating. Even with the mistakes I was making, my 300 meter split with short rests in between was almost 50 seconds less than what I put down on the registration form.

After the swim, I drove the 40 minutes back to my home town where I ran the course of a 5K that I am going to run in on Saturday. I didnt have the best time, but I finished the 5K in 32:02. I hope to run under 30 on Saturday.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/17/09 11:04 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good deal Darrell.... Just an FYI for other pool swim Tri's you might do in the fututre.... It is better to Over estimate you swim time, than under... It's nasty trying to swim by people in a crowded pool, especially if you are going down and coming back on the same lane, then moving over to the next (Traffic from both directions suck). Anyways, I just have a 45-60 minute easy run today with a few 3 minute pick ups... Kind of light today and tomorrow in preperation for my last race run through on Saturday (I really want to nail my 2.5 hour ride and 45 minute brick hard) in prepration for Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs next week. Have a good one....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Darrell H.
on 6/17/09 11:30 pm - Sinton, TX
Thanks for the good advice Dan. I will deinately do that on my next one.

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Scott William
on 6/17/09 11:29 pm
6 - 1 mile repeats today.  Wanted to do them at an 8:30 pace and thanks to a 7:57 final mile, I came in at an 8:25 average.   What a good - intense workout.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Darrell H.
on 6/17/09 11:31 pm - Sinton, TX
Scott, how much rest do you have between repeats. That sounds like a really intense workout especially your last mile. Awesome job!

Scott William
on 6/18/09 1:43 am
Thanks Darrell.  It's my favorite workout by a mile.  I love the intensity without the duration of say a 5K.  I probably average 3-4 minutes of rest per break.  I walk about 100 yards ahead and then back to start my next one. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 6/17/09 11:47 pm
My first scheduled rest day.  I feel like a slacker.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

levittown_loser
on 6/18/09 12:44 am - Levittown, PA
I'm running in a 5k after work - http://www.rushhourrun.com/

I hope to set a PR and get in under 26 minutes.   

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Joanne C.
on 6/18/09 12:53 am - N Richland Hills, TX
I recently started the Couch-to-5K training. This morning was: 5 minute warm up walk, then 90 seconds of jogging, 2 minutes of walking, alternating for a total of 20 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down walk.

Tonight will be arm work at the gym, followed by a yoga class.
Revised to Realize Band
after hiatal hernia 7/27/10

http://frozenblackbananas.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 6:47 am - Maumelle, AR
c25k is a great program!  You'll be surprised at how quickly you progress.
Most Active