Wednesday Workouts.....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/16/09 11:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

Happy Hump Day!!! What another beautiful morning, it was 78 degrees this morning and we have moved our swim practices to an outdoor 50 Meter Pool which I am WAY stoked about. The water is a bit warm, but not quite like taking a bath yet, until the summer hits us, but it is supposed to get up to 102 today!!! UGH.....

Anyways, today I swam 400M warm-up main set 2 x 1000 Pull bouy & paddles 400M cool down for a cool 2800M swim.....I have a 90 - 120 minute easy spin tonight.

What did you guys do today????
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Darrell H.
on 6/17/09 12:21 am - Sinton, TX
Dang Dan, your kicking butt this week. Looks like you are ready for Lubbock. I was in west Texas last week (San Angelo) and the weather was great. I love the low humidity when I have lived on the coast my whole life. I had a 45 minute ride in terrible wind. ( I know quit complaining Darrell) I pretty much kept my speed arbove 11mph at all times even in the strong gusts. It was nice on the ride baqck in thogh as I hit 26mph on a flat area. No telling how hard the wind was blowing then. I was in the highest gear and it felt like I was spinning with the chain off the ring. After a cool down in town and several stop signs and lights, my avg speed was a dissapointing 13.6 mph for 12 miles.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 6/17/09 12:34 am
Well, hopefully I don't end up sick like my son.  I was up with a puking kid most of the night.
I have some running and weights planned for today.  Maybe a bike ride to the gym for my weight workout.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/09 12:39 am - Maumelle, AR

I did not run last night like I planned -- had some filet mignon for dinner which got stuck, so it took a couple hours to work that out.  By then it was too late for me... I *might* do an easy mile or two tonight.

Focus was lower back/legs at camp this morning - deadlifts, step-ups, etc.  Ouch.  But it's a good hurt.  Tomorrow we do total body, per the trainer.  Woohoo!

Sherry_Berry
on 6/17/09 1:02 am - Dacula, GA
I'm teaching spin this evening and cleaning out the room that we're turning into the nursery.
mistiimichelle
on 6/17/09 10:36 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
I did
10min treadmill warmup
20min eliptical, lvl 5 hill
20min of weight machines.

take care,
Michelle
Cassie W.
on 6/17/09 12:28 pm
I went to the tri-club training tonight for my first open water swim.  Seaweed and waves sure make for a challenging swim experience.  Fortunately, it was only 400 yards and I made it out of the water without drowning.

Once back on land, I felt a need to redeem myself.  I was happy to pass several people on the 10-mile bike segment by averaging about 17.5 mph and several more on the 5K trail run with a 10:23 pace.  With transitions and all 3 sports, my time was 1:29:17.  

I'm glad to have found the training series.  The club hosts a timed tri every Wednesday.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Vicki PNW
on 6/17/09 2:07 pm
Happy hump day!

15 minutes on dreadmill.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
Tried out the elliptical for about 5 minutes.
1 hour Group Power class, a barbell program with exercises similar to weight lifters on TV.

Spelled my dad's wife for a few hours this afternoon.  Accompanied my dad on his 2 walks to/from the end of the block.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

MacMadame
on 6/17/09 4:55 pm - Northern, CA
Worked out with my personal trainer.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Sherry_Berry
on 6/17/09 8:58 pm - Dacula, GA
Workout update...

I taught spin. It's official. I can no longer sit comfortably in aero on the spin bike. Too much tummy pressure.

My bladder is the size of a walnut. I have emergency pees...only to produce a dixie cup amount.

I taught for an hour...probably on bike for 45+ of it. When my HR gets high, I hop off.

Proud of my class (tri club members). They worked hard, except for the noobie who didn't listen to thing I said. When I asked her why she didn't do our workout, she went ghetto on me. Next time I'll walk by her bike and leave smelly pregnant farts. I'm not above that!
Most Active