More weight, reps, or sets??

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/16/09 11:41 pm - Fort Worth, TX
You had surgery 2-3 weeks ago and you are lifting??????????? I would stop now! Wait a good 6 weeks for your pouch, staple lines, and abdominal muscle that was penetrated to complete your surgery heal! I would really not lift at all.... I would stick to the walking for now and with Surgeons approval increase to a light jog. I am confident that if you told your surgeon you were lifting he would open hand slap you! LOL maybe not, but it's my humble opinion. You have a whole life to lift, let your body heal properly then get after it like gang busters....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

katrn05
on 6/17/09 1:21 am - Troy, MI
On June 17, 2009 at 6:41 AM Pacific Time, DANCBJAMMIN wrote:
You had surgery 2-3 weeks ago and you are lifting??????????? I would stop now! Wait a good 6 weeks for your pouch, staple lines, and abdominal muscle that was penetrated to complete your surgery heal! I would really not lift at all.... I would stick to the walking for now and with Surgeons approval increase to a light jog. I am confident that if you told your surgeon you were lifting he would open hand slap you! LOL maybe not, but it's my humble opinion. You have a whole life to lift, let your body heal properly then get after it like gang busters....
I had a Lap RNY. My incisions are completely healed and I have no abdominal tenderness. I'm not doing any core exercises yet, just arms, legs and shoulders which I have told my surgeon who is completely cool with it.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/17/09 1:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
OK Cool... Have at it then.... Keep us posted on your progress

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

MacMadame
on 6/16/09 3:57 pm - Northern, CA
Great post, Dan.

I guess I'm the only woman who wants to bulk. Well, not like the female body builders but I want people to be able to see my guns from far away! LOL

I want to look like all the women I saw at the Ironman World Championships, in fact.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/16/09 11:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
When you get 23" biceps I want the honor of paying for your tattoo that says... "Got your ticket"?

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/09 12:33 am - Maumelle, AR
I am working on my leeetle baby arm muscles right now, but my little girl (5 years old) said to me the other day, "Mommy, show me your guns!"  Ha ha ha
MacMadame
on 6/17/09 3:10 pm - Northern, CA
Heh, my daughter says that too.

I was showing them off at my bariatric support group meeting tonight too. (Well, ostensibly I was demonstrating what weight training can and can not do for loose skin. )

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Joanne C.
on 6/18/09 12:49 am - N Richland Hills, TX
So much great info. Thanks!
Joanne
Revised to Realize Band
after hiatal hernia 7/27/10

http://frozenblackbananas.blogspot.com

Most Active