How do you re-fuel after workouts?

jcheryld
on 6/16/09 12:46 am
I am training for my first triathlon coming up in a few months. Yesterday I rode 13 miles and swam 1 mile- the bike alone said I burned 700 calories. My online tracker estimates that I burned 200 with swimming... I was fatigued afterward, but not exhausted. I'm concerned that the amount of cals I burned is about what I eat in a day at this point post-op. Any ideas on how to quickly re-fuel after workouts? While training for the tri, should I try to up my calories? I honestly don't know where I would get it in... I feel like I eat & hydrate all day already LOL! I've seen commercials for Isoplex that mention re-fueling within 30 minutes after a workout for "optimum recharge" or something to that effect. Any ideas would be great, thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/16/09 1:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
You need to refuel probably within about 20 minutes of working out. I try to get a 4:1 carb to proatein ratio. peanut butter is my friend! Fruit, gatorade, or sports drink. Payday makes a pretty good protein bar. It's not as good as the payday candy bars i remember, but it has a caramel type consistancy with peanuts and 15g of protein, and 240 calories. I like Granola bars and nuts as well. A little fat after a workout is good too. Olive oil, nuts, etc... Good luck on yout training and event. Keep us posted on training and the event, seems like there are lots of triathletes around here these days. Triathletes are crazy people! (Takes one to know one)

Orlando, FL Ironman 70.3

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active