First 10K in August

rreiny
on 6/14/09 11:19 pm - Epsom, NH
I have run plenty of 5Ks but was challenged to do a 10K.  I have a plan I found which will get me there but then someone said it is good to do the 6.2 miles  for training and run it as much as possible and then walk the rest - and be abel to run more and more of it.  This is quite the contrary to my schedule of building up by .5 mile increments over 8 weeks.  Any thoughts -

I am completing, not competing.
Hawgman
on 6/15/09 12:21 am - TX
Congratulations on setting a goal and working toward achieving it.  I think that whatever plan you can stick with and will work with you is great.  Personally I used the build up method.

Good luck!!

Darrell
levittown_loser
on 6/15/09 1:29 am - Levittown, PA
I jumped from a 5k to 10K in a week.  Your body can do it so it's mostly a mind game to just KEEP GOING!

I personally have found running the distance early out to be a big confidence builder for the actual race.   That said I don't think you need to run 10K every run prior to the race, just throw it in a rotation during your training.

Good luck with your decision.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active