(XPOST)How do I calculate calories burned?

robiny
on 6/14/09 7:22 am - Lake Forest, CA
I am using daily plate to track my food and want to add  my fitness to it.  As I have severe arthritis in both knees my exercise consists of walking in the pool.  I cannot find anything to match that ... they have walking by mph, but not sure how I would figure that in the pool ... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Robin

HW: 303/First Visit Surgeon: 276/Day of Surgery: 253.2/Goal Reached: 138.6/CW: 219
Surgery : 03/19/09 - found Intestional Malrotation / RNY: 05/07/09

cutepuppy
on 6/14/09 12:05 pm - Manhattan Beach, CA
Hey Robin,
How about walking the treadmill with resistance, like up hill.  Maybe 10%?  How long do you walk?  Put it under "walking" and just slip in the time.  That's overly simple, but at least you would have something to count against those calories. lol  I love that part.  I exercise like crazy so I can have almost negative calories during parts of the day.  Oh, the games we play!!!  I'll call you tomorrow after I see Dr. T. at 12:00...wierd time for an appointment, but she's squeezing me in before surgery.  Hugs coming at ya!!Mary

Walking with you on this journey, Mary
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Most Active