Just got a tri coach

Darrell H.
on 6/14/09 5:19 am - Sinton, TX
I am so excited. I have just finalized a plan to have a local tri coach. She is going to be my swim coach for the next 2 weeks (about 4 1 hour sessions) since my tri is the 28thth. I really need help with my stroke. I probably should have tried to find her sooner, but I have heard that even 1 session to improve your stroke can make a big difference. After this tri, I will use her more as a total tri coach. That is also when I will start with a local masters swimming group. She says that the coach of that group is excellent with all ages. My tri coach is an accomplished triathlete. Now I just have to find a part time job during the summer while school is out to pay for all of this stuff.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 6/14/09 5:38 am
Congrats on the coach

Tell me about it.  What started out as something that just needed a bike, I have spent way too much, and I want to spend a lot more.

The first bike is now a tank when I compare it to a good bike
The crappy walking shoes I had have been replaced several times by running shoes that cost 3 x what I'm used to spending on sneakers.
I went from a pair of swim trunks and a loaner shorty wetsuit to needing a full wetsuit.
I have gotten several pairs of biking shorts, and some long biking pants.
I have a set of bad weather gear so I don't have an excuse not to run or ride in the rain.
All of the bike maintenance equipment and accessories.

My new Tri-Coach wants me to get a bike trainer for indoors and another bike computer to go with the trainer that will hook up to the rear wheel instead of the front wheel.
I want a new bike that is going to run 3-4k
I want a couple 1 piece triathlong singlets.

Man this has turned into the most expensive thing I do.
I thought Computers, Guns, Historical re-creation were expensive.
I could sell all of that stuff that I have and still not have enough to buy that 4k bicycle.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/14/09 12:13 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Darrell,

Let me know about your Tri coach.... Mine is an active Competitive Pro triathlete... took 7th today and Kansas Ironman 70.3 (he had some GI "Issues" on the run and stopped 4 times to take care of business, otherwise would have mopped up)... While he can't help you with your stroke, he is way flexible and available to chat anytime and will totally design your workouts, peaks, and nutrition based on your goals, and is VERY reasonable as far as price. Scott, Dan, Mcmadame, this goes for you too and anyone else interested in getting a SOLID coach who knows his "Crap"... Hit me up if you want some details, he would be more than happy to chat with any and all of you who are interested.
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

kypdurran
on 6/15/09 6:08 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Good deal Darrell.   Listen to her and follow her plan and you're gonna do fine.   Did you join a local tri club too?
Darrell H.
on 6/15/09 6:51 am - Sinton, TX
Not yet Chad. I plan on joining the one she is in. Their next meeting is July 2. It is called STARRS. (South Texas Area Riders, Runners, and Swimmers.) They put on about 4 local triathlons a year. I think joining will be a great resource. They do lots of runs, rides and even a weekly open water swim in the choppy bay.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active