Benefits of bike riding?

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/09 6:32 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I have a question.......

I believe bike riding is good cardio but can it also help with building up leg muscles?  I HATE doing squats mainly because of my knees ....whenever I finish my morning ride I feel it in my leg muscles.  Am I just imagining it or does riding the bike help build leg muscle?  How about the calfs?

THANKS!
Seht
on 6/14/09 8:02 am
It certainly can be your leg workout.
I recently listened to a podcast of an olympic cyclist.  Her coach has her do all of her leg work on the bike, no weights.  When he wants her to do leg workouts, he has her climb hills, or to put the bike into the hardest gear combinations for her workouts.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/09 8:04 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Scott,
Thanks for confirming this for me.....it's just what I wanted to hear!!

Have a great evening.
Ruth
jcheryld
on 6/14/09 1:47 pm
Not only is it great cardio- it is just plain fun! I got back on a bike today and road in my neighborhood for the first time in years- had been doing stationary at the gym, but this is so much more fun! I'm still a little nervous about riding in traffic, but I know that'll come as I get more time on the bike. Wahoo!!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/09 3:46 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I agree it is fun!
I'm fortunate I can ride around my neighborhood get a good workout and never have to go on the main roads....I currently live in a golf course community so I see some old men on golf carts but I can out run them....lol
Most Active