Looking for some advice

kerrijacks
on 6/11/09 8:50 am - Canada
Hi I was wondering if I could get some free advice on excercise both before or after surgery.  I drive by "Curves" before and after work.  My surgery is July 15, and prior to surgery I have been watching what I eat and trying to walk more so after the surgery I am hoping my recovery will be a little easier.

I am a creature of habit and was thinking of trying to get into a routine ...so I stopped at curves to check it out and really liked what I saw, and to my suprise it fits my buget. ....well if I cut some other stuff out. My question is - should I wait until after the surgery  and I have recovered to start a routine like curves? Or start now and try to keep it up after? I guess I am worried like everything else I tried it will start off great and fizzle out cause I have to take a few weeks off......or is moderate excercise something I won't have to stray from too long?
jcheryld
on 6/11/09 11:59 am
I had to wait 6 weeks after surgery to start resistance training, but my surgeon said I could start walking as soon as I felt good. By 2 weeks out, I was back doing cardio. I say start your routine now and post-op you can start up small and re-build your endurance. Great job walking now, too! I was up to working out 5 days a week pre-op and maintained this post-op as well. I know for me, my motivation didn't fizzle- with the rapid weight loss, I have only been driven more to improve my physique since I have all the tools I need to achieve my goals.

Best of luck to you!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

MacMadame
on 6/11/09 5:00 pm - Northern, CA
Doing cardio pre-op will help lower your surgery risks. Curves had cardio so it counts!

I think you should start before too. Then, after surgery, you'll be chomping at the bit to get back to it. Hopefully!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active