Exercise videos - for those with bad coordination

mystimel
on 6/9/09 3:45 pm - Long Beach, CA
I like cardio, it's good and burns fat and gets my heart pumping. And exercise videos are really good for me since I hate having to leave the house and get dressed up etc. I found a couple videos that looked fun and bought them. They're dance type ones with good beats (Zumba and TurboJam) buuut then after tryng them I realized I suuuck at dancing. I guess I already knew that... I mean I can do a few steps... but ask me to do a routine... and then kick up the speed ... my body just does not cooperate with me. I got the videos I did cause they looked fun, and they are, even when i can't always keep up, but on the days I really don't feel like making up my own stuff when it gets too hard to follow the video trainers, I could really use a good exercise DVD that is fun but does simpler moves that I can keep up with more easily not slow... just not switching it up so damn often you know? lol.... With my current DVD's it's like you do 2 sets of one move and just when you get used to doing the move, It's time for another one... lol

Any reccommendations?
sheepla
on 6/10/09 10:51 pm
I'm also choreographically challenged (though i do like Turbo Jam).  Fat Burning for Dummies is a good workout and all the Walk Away the Pounds dvds as well.

Please check out www.videofitness.com.  One of my favorite websites and you can get a TON of great information.  Literally thousands of workout dvds are reviewed there plus the reader forum is one of the most active I've ever seen.

SW-272, CW-219, GW-175
5'9"

CTKathy
on 6/12/09 3:34 am - Branford, CT
Revision on 11/13/17

Call me corny, but I do Sweatin to the Oldies!  I have the whole set (4 dvds plus an interview one with Richard Simmons).  Got it on deepdiscount.com.  But I'll check out the site the other poster spoke of.  Always looking for more options!  Thank!

Kathy

Deb366
on 6/13/09 6:59 am
I have the same problem....but I just repeat the moves i do know in turbo jam. like the music. I also love kathy smith using weights in upper and lower body. You might want to she if you can check her out at the library or something to find one you like. it isn't cardio but is great for shaping up. I do treadmill, bike and football feet and stairs for cardio and I add legs weights alot to my floor routines....

I did to tai chi for awhile and found I was better at learning moves when they were SLOW...so on turbo jam if you do the learn the moves or the cool downs, sometime it helps to get the movements down. Best of luck!

deb366

Currently 125  pounds
Most Active