advice on out of town workouts

Darrell H.
on 6/9/09 9:44 pm - Sinton, TX
I am out of town till Friday. The hotel I am staying at has an exercise room with cardio equipment so I didnt worry too much about my workouts. I was going to have to move my swim from Thursday to Sat, but no biggie. The problem is that my training plan calls for a 60 minute bike ride today with the working being a spin day on the small ring. The indoor bike here at the hotel is either too complicated for me or something. The resistance is extremely hard. Should I still do this as long as I can or take a rest day today and run again tomorrow and friday. They have a short pool I could probably get some work in later, but it is only about 12-13 yards long. I dont want to screw up the fitness I have built and preperation for my tri on the 28th. But I also dont want to risk injury working out at a level that would be pretty difficult. Thanks for some help.

Darrell
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Hawgman
on 6/9/09 11:51 pm - TX
Darrell,

You are not going to lose the fitness level in a couple of days that you have built up in the previous months.  If I was in that situation, I would do my cardio with a run and pick up the schedule again this weekend. 

Darrell E.
Darrell H.
on 6/10/09 12:21 pm - Sinton, TX
Thanks, but It drove me crazy. I went to the local Golds Gym and got my bike workout in. It felt good. I am going to postpone my swim workout scheduled for tomorrow till Saturday afternoon and do my 50 minute run in the morning instead.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active