Aerobic exercise daily is bad? Anyone see this aricle on Livestrong.com ?

playwithzoe
on 6/5/09 3:15 am
I'm so confused by all the different exercise advice going around.  Anyone have any comments on this article.  I do cross train like he recommends but I like to workout 5-6 days a week which he feels is too much and BAD FOR YOU.  And, If I'm gonna get a good sweat going my heart rate will be more than 75% of my max.  He recommends never to go higher than 75%.  I love intense exercise and they seem to be saying that it is counter productive.

The author writes:

"The idea that suffering and struggling through obsessively consistent workout routines at a mild-to-severely strenuous pace might not be the best idea is gaining some momentum these days. Strength coach Steve Maxwell (maxwellsc.com) put together a bulleted list on his website of some of the dangers of doing cardiovascular exercise too often or too hard:"

www.livestrong.com/article/14851-drawbacks-of-aerobic-exerci se-and-how-to-prevent-them-part-1/

www.livestrong.com/article/14839-drawbacks-of-aerobic-exerci se-and-how-to-prevent-them-part-2/

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

kypdurran
on 6/5/09 4:35 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Bah!  Anything is bad for you if you do it in excess.  The benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle whi*****ludes daily exercise FAR outweighs not exercising.  

For every hour you exercise you add 30 minutes to your life.  Seems like a good deal to me.

puju11
on 6/5/09 9:34 pm - NJ
I just always say "honor your body." As long as the exercise your doing makes you feel good and nothings in bad pain ( there is the good pain too). Then keep doing what makes you feel good. I exercise 6 days a week hardcore and always have even before surgery and if I don't I miss it and feel like crap.

Kim
Vicki PNW
on 6/6/09 7:38 am
What does the writer know?

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active