Exciting Times

saxman007
on 6/5/09 12:21 pm - Port Huron, MI
Need to brag a little:
So this week I found out I get to run the NYC Marathon, I counted 50 people walking/running on the track during my Team 'Big' Red  thing + about 15-20 playing tennis.  
I got a quick interview from our local newspaper and they came out and took pictures of us (I'll post the link when they publi**** probably Wed)
Wed. I did my first open water swim in my new wetsuit!!  Excited about the wetsuit -- the swim was, well interesting:)  It was Lake Huron and I believe the water temperature was 53*.  Swimming in wetsuits was new to both the guy I went with and I so we stayed fairly close to shore.  Next time we'll go out deeper and get away from the waves -- I don't remember how many times I rolled over because of them, lol.
I had a great short ride today: 12.5 miles averaging 20.5 and taking it kind of easy.  
I put my race wheels on my bike!!!!  Man it was fun, if I do what I did today I should be in the top 10-15 of my age group for the bike Sunday.
Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of my first ever race.  One of my running partners and I are hoping to break 25 (though neither of us had a good run last night)
Sunday is my first Tri.
I'll post results during the weekend -- looking forward to it!
--Dan
DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/5/09 1:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
All Good stuff bro>>>> Tear it up on Sunday and have ALOT of fun!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 6/5/09 3:21 pm
Sounds like a great week.

Congrats

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 6/5/09 4:18 pm - Northern, CA
You roc****specially if averaging 20.5 mph is your idea of taking it easy!)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Darrell H.
on 6/6/09 12:17 am - Sinton, TX
Wow great job. I will do my first open water swim sometime in July. Get after that course in your 1st tri. I cant wait for mine.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active