Thanks to all of you on all of your advice

Darrell H.
on 6/5/09 12:43 am - Sinton, TX
Have you ever had one of those workouts where you had always struggled to get through wondering if it was ever going to get better? That was my swimming. Thanks to several of you great people for your advice which I have taken seriously, this morning I had the BEST swim workout ever. I stuck to the plan and only did 500 yards, but I felt great. I started with a 50 yard warm up. After 45 seconds rest, I swam the 25 yard length of the pool then rested 5 seconds. I did this 16 times, then I finished with a 50 yard cool down lap. I am extremely thankful for the advice that several of you gave me concerning less rest between laps and nutritional advice before workouts. I am still a long way away from where I need to be by my first tri on June 28, but days like this just keep me going. Thanks again!

Darrell
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
kypdurran
on 6/5/09 4:39 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Great job Darrell.  You're gonna rock your first tri in a few weeks.   What race is it?
Darrell H.
on 6/5/09 6:20 am - Sinton, TX
Thanks Chad. That means a lot. It is the Y Freedom Tri in Pearland, TX. 300 meter pool swim, 12 mile bike, and 3 mile run. I probably picked a good one for my first one. Then August 2 I will do Jacks Generic Tri in New Braunfels. That one is a 500 meter open water swim 13.8 mile bike and 3 mile run. I am so excited. I emailed y freedom tri several times till they assured me they got the registration. lol
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
kypdurran
on 6/5/09 6:24 am - Baton Rouge, LA

You only get so many firsts and your first tri is a very special thing.    Don't worry about where you place or who's in front of you or behind you.   Beat that course and above ALL else have FUN!   Stuff like this will be moments that you'll cherish for the rest of your life!

Chad

saxman007
on 6/5/09 11:51 am - Port Huron, MI
 Way to go Darrell
I know I was frustrated with swimming and then all of the sudden it just got A LOT easier.  You'll be just fine for you first tri -- have fun with it!
--Dan
Most Active