Help Please!!

Bigsexy978
on 6/5/09 1:11 am - Kissimmee, FL
It has been almost 3 years since my surgery and I have gained 22 lbs. back.  My lowest weight was 155 lbs. and now I am 177 lbs. and that is too darn close to 200 lbs. for me!!  I will admit I lack the energy to hit the gym and manage to get there about 3 times a week and do 30 min. of cardio and 30 min. of weights.  I take all of my vitamins and blood work is normal.  I even increased B-12 to every 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks.  I just have no energy.  I would like to lose 15 lbs. and just don't know how to do it.  I still eat right for the most part with the exception of some night snacking.  My thighs are dimpled masses since that is where I carried most of my weight and I would really like to tone them up.  I just don't know what to do in the gym.  Should I increase my cardio to 45 min and decrease weights to 15 min?  Should I just do all cardio?  Should I do 60 min. of cardio and work just my legs with weights?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
playwithzoe
on 6/5/09 2:56 am
They key is to mix things up, your body can get used to a routine in as little as 6 weeks and then it is no longer very effective.  You need to switch up the types of cardio you are doing and the intensities.  Some days should be very intense and shorter, others slow and longer. Never give up the weight training as that is so important for bone mass retention and keeping your metabolism up but you must mix it up as well.  My latest favorite for resistance training is the TRX.  www.fitnessanywhere.com/

You can also learn more about high intensity interval training at these sites:

http://www.intervaltraining.net/   and www.maxworkouts.com

Another option to kick start your exercise is to join a group and train for a 10k, half marathon or sprint triathalon.  Good luck!

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 6/5/09 11:36 am - Northern, CA
When was the last time you had labs done? You shouldn't be tired all the time and not have energy. That can be so many things -- vitamin deficiency, thyroid, etc. It needs to be check out!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Bigsexy978
on 6/5/09 11:40 am - Kissimmee, FL
My labs were done within the past 6 months.  Everything is normal and I told my Dr. that I am always tired.  She even checked me for Mononucleosis.
MacMadame
on 6/5/09 12:20 pm - Northern, CA
Well that's odd. I wouldn't give up though. As you lose weight, your energy should go up!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active