Exercise issues - need help!

bigapple14
on 6/3/09 3:01 am
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice/suggestions on how to solve my issues.  I would like to get out and exercise, but I have two issues that keep me from doing it very often.  Any suggestions/tips would be greatly apprecaited!

#1 - I have a rather large belly and when I exercise, it moves around a lot.  Sometimes it causes to shorts to fall down and/or works it's way out from under my shirt.  It's also somewhat painful when jogging.  Any suggestions on how to better keep it in place?  Do they make anything like a belly bra that could help out? 

#2 - I also get the chaffing/rawness between my thighs.  I try to buy shorts that would help protect it better, but it doesn't help.  Any suggestions on how to prevent/cure this issue? 

Thanks for your help!

bigapple14
Seht
on 6/3/09 9:24 am, edited 6/3/09 9:24 am
under armor or a comporable compression underwear.  Wal-mart has the Star brand they run about $12.00 per shirt.  This really helps hold things in place.  You can get the same things in shorts.

Another option, and I don't know what size you are, is to get a 1 piece trieathlon or running singlet and then just put some shorts and a shirt on over it if you are self conscious about how you would look in the one piece.
These 1 piece outfits aren't cheap, but you can find them on ebay from time to time.

You could also look for some bib type running shorts or full length pants, again these are not cheap to buy new.

Maybe one of the elastic back supports would help to support your stomach as well.  I have seen that recommended in the past.

You can also check out body glide for the chafing issue. body Glide

Good luck

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 6/3/09 4:09 pm - Northern, CA
What he said.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active