Am I overdoing it?

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 1:09 am - Maumelle, AR
Hey all, I just started running in January, did a "fun" 5k this morning for National Running Day (39:39).  I also started fitness camp (think boot camp) this week for strength work, it goes Mon-Thur for 5 weeks at 6 AM.  I'm trying to train for a half-marathon in October on top of this, too... this first week has been murder, though.  I warned all my coworkers today that if they smell something weird, it's me since I'm lathered up in Mineral Ice.  My legs are killing me, particularly my calves. 

My instructor offered to let me make up the class tonight since I missed this morning for the fun run, but I wonder if I should take a break since I'll be back at it tomorrow?  I will take Friday and Sunday off.  I have my "long" run (4 miles) scheduled for Saturday.

Here's what I ate yesterday.  It adds up to about 1500 cals, and I ate closer to 1800 the day before.  I haven't seen the scale move significantly in a while, though I hear that happens the closer you get to goal.  Do you all think I'm eating too much or not enough?

Banana
3 strawberries
oatmeal with protein powder

Tea latte with skim milk
Coffee

Lean Cuisine meal

Tea Latte with skim milk

mini bagel w/ laughing cow cheese

protein bar

Gardenburger riblets

Banana
Protein drink

Scott William
on 6/3/09 7:04 am
I think that the answer would be related to how much exercise you were getting before you started all of this.  Did you start with any base at all?  You don't want to progress too quickly because that is when those nagging aches and pains like to pop up.  Also, I assume that the boot camp is different kind of work than running. 

My hunch is that you will be okay because of the variety of work you are doing.  If you are doing a 4 mile long run it sounds like you are on the right track there with a program.  Make sure that you get your rest days but I think you will be alright.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active