San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon Full Race Report (long)

Brian W.
on 6/2/09 5:14 am - Belmont, CA

Hey Scott

The one on the 11th might be doable for me.  I will just be coming off the SJ Half on the 4th, so I could probably pace you for that run.  12 min/mile for a half would be doable.  If I'm going all out for a half, I try to do sub-11 min.

The one on Halloween wouldnt work as I'm doing the US Half in SF on Nov 1st.

Brian
~350

Seht
on 6/2/09 5:47 am
The one on the 11th is my 42nd birthday.  It's what I wanted for a present.

The rock and roll in San Jose is on my list of things to do next year.  Especially if I don't get into the Vineman or Avia triathlons

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Hawgman
on 6/2/09 5:49 am - TX
WAY TO GO BRIAN!!! You are an inspiration to the rest of us.  I hope I can do as well as you in my first marathon in December.

Any tips?

Darrell
Brian W.
on 6/2/09 1:52 pm - Belmont, CA
Hey Darrell

Probably the best tip is to listen to your body throughout training.  If your body doesn't respond to a run, then its advisable to quit it and try the next day.  For the actual race, I would say, be prepared to struggle the last 10k no matter how much you train.  Those mile markers seem to be further away each time!

Good luck, I know you will do great

Brian
~350 
Cassie W.
on 6/2/09 11:24 am
Congratulations Brian.  You pushed through the mental and physical hurdles to claim that medal that symbolizes how far you've come in this journey.  Enjoy your recovery and good luck with SF in July.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

levittown_loser
on 6/3/09 12:07 am - Levittown, PA
Great Job Brian!!   Congrats on pushing through.  It shows your character and determination was strong.   WTG!

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

kypdurran
on 6/3/09 12:34 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Great report Brian!   Way to stick it out and welcome to the marathon club!  

Chad

victoria R.
on 6/4/09 2:09 am - goose creek, SC
Awesome job!  I really enjoyed your report I almost felt like I was there too. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Most Active