Packing my bags, I'm ready to go!

Brian W.
on 5/29/09 3:57 am - Belmont, CA
Well its almost here.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning for San Diego and the original Rock and Roll Marathon awaits on Sunday.

Race starts at 6:30 am, so I'm hoping to finish by 12:30 pm if all goes accordingly to plan

If you are extremely bored on a Sunday, you can watch a webcast of the finish, they'll be up from 8 am till about 1:30 pm, so if you tune in between 12:15 and 12:45 pm PDT, you might catch a glimpse of me finishing.  My number 19377 if ya can spot me.  Not sure they will be updating the 5k, 10k, etc. marks in real-time, but you can check rnrmarathon.com for updates.

I'm pretty excited for my first marathon and hoping i don't get too jacked up at the start that i'll burn out.  Hoping to keep pace about 12:30 or so, but I'll probably wear down by mile 18.  If I can get through Mile 18-20 without issue, i should be o****il the final 5k.

I'll post a report when I get back Monday or Tuesday!

Good luck to anyone else racing this weekend!

Brian
~350
Hawgman
on 5/29/09 4:02 am - TX
Good luck, Brian.  I can't wait for your race report.

Darrell
mcarthur01
on 5/29/09 5:35 am - Cumming, GA
best of luck!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

kypdurran
on 5/29/09 6:39 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Good luck Brian and enjoy that finish line.   I can promise it will be an amazing experience!

Chad

Seht
on 5/29/09 6:48 am
Good luck this weekend, I hope you have a great run.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/29/09 8:32 am - Fort Worth, TX
Finishing your first marathon is an experience like no other. Remember.... Slow and steady wins the race and have fun. I will catch you on the flip side bro.. best of luck
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 5/29/09 10:10 am
Enjoy your first marathon Brian!  Crossing the finish line is truly an amazing feeling.  Dan's advice is right on.  Take it nice and steady and you'll still have something in the tank when you need to dig deep.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Darrell H.
on 5/30/09 11:55 am - Sinton, TX
Get after it Brian. I cant wait till I can join you as one of the few marathon finishers in the world. My first is in Houston Jan 17. Good luck. I cant wait for the race report!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active