50statemarathonclub...who's with me

Chris S.
on 5/28/09 11:47 pm - SC
I hear ya Scott. While training and the weeks with the long runs I think-why am I doing this...then marathon race day, at mile 2 I think ---this is the LAST one, I swear....then mile 23 I think I am such an idiot-why am I doing this....

THEN, I cross the finish line, drained 110% of everything I had, and .................I start thinking where is my next one going to be???

Yeah-I should call a therapist about that

Good luck with the race in every city/town-that sounds more financially reasonable and alot of fun!

Chris
Scott William
on 5/29/09 12:14 am
I hear you about the finish line thing.  For me it is usually two or three days after that I start to think about another.  I have been looking around at some but for now I like the idea of the 1/2.  I must say that I truely love the 5K's right now.  If only I could run a tad faster.

BTW, did you see that they re-opened the goofy.  I think they increased the entrants to 7500.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
sheepla
on 6/1/09 2:11 am
My sister in law has been working on this for a couple of years. If I were being totally honest, I'd confess this was one of the reasons I had RNY (just 10 days post op) was to get back into running marathons because I'd like to run a marathon in every state.

So far I've done Texas, Alaska, Virginia and Florida (funny, I haven't even done my home state yet). 

SW-272, CW-219, GW-175
5'9"

Chris S.
on 6/1/09 2:20 am - SC
Congrats at being post-op!! 10 days out and already thinking marathon-thats fantastic!!

Florida...Disneyworld?
sheepla
on 6/1/09 2:31 am
yes, I've done the full once and the half twice at Disney World. Love that race for keeping me focused over the holidays.

My problem is that I have favorite races (like Marine Corps) and I want to do it every year rather than branching out and trying new races in other states!

SW-272, CW-219, GW-175
5'9"

Chris S.
on 6/1/09 2:36 am - SC
I understand that. The Goofy Challenge was awesome, but expensive. I just look for fun ones like I hear Mardi Gras marathon is a great one in Feb

I just have to figure out how to do them cheaper!

Marine Corp-I hear that is a tough one! what state is that in?
sheepla
on 6/1/09 2:49 am

Starts and ends in Virginia though it runs primarly through DC

SW-272, CW-219, GW-175
5'9"

Most Active