Water vs Dehydration Question

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/09 11:52 am - Scottsdale, AZ
With RNY how do you not get dehydrated if you exercise in something heavy stimulation like wrestling or high intensity activity.

From what I'm told, you may not be able to chug water like before after RNY, so how do you handle these situations? 

Thanks in advance

T
bwburgin1015
on 5/27/09 11:56 pm - NC
I am able to drink pretty easily.  You just have to drink a little slower.  As long as you haven't eaten recently  the water goes down pretty well.  The hard part is forcing yourself to drink when you AREN'T doing high intensity activity!  Thats when I get dehydrated!
mcarthur01
on 5/28/09 12:52 am - Cumming, GA
i agree with the previous post, i don't really have a problem drinking water moderately fast (although it isn't the chugging i used to be able to do).  i also found that if i'm really thirsty/dehydrated it is easier for me to accept a lot of water quickly...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/09 1:02 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Interesting. Well that makes me feel a lot better about being to hopefully get back into wrestling and not dying during practice lol.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/28/09 1:15 am - Fort Worth, TX
15 months post op and I chug if necessary... but I try to stay consistently hydrated throughout the day....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active