finally off the couch!

inofwls
on 5/25/09 4:34 am
Hello,  I usually lurk, I am so excited today was my first day of the c5k program, I can not believe that I did and looking forward to day 2.  Day  was not too bad except my behind felt as if I was lugging  a ton of bricks it was heavy as heck!  I bought a pair of 9 inch compressor shorts 
size small I think I need to get extra small for more support.
Thanks guys  for the motivation.

-Maryama

"Beauty is not in the face, Beauty is a light in the heart"
          -Khalil Gibran

mcarthur01
on 5/25/09 11:47 am - Cumming, GA
shortly before i finished my first race this morning, i smiled to myself thinking about my first attempt at running just 4 months ago in January when i couldn't finish more than 20 or 30 yards in a row.  It was humbling and frustrating but i gritted my way through it.  I definitely go with a size smaller compression tops and bottoms to wear under my shirt/shorts, it is just too painful without the extra support.

Good luck, i know you will do fine!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Fionna
on 5/26/09 2:18 am - NC
How wonderful!

I am actually on week 5 of the program. Reading lee's post on BAF got me to moving! It has been so amazing seeing what I can accomplish!

I hope the program brings you many benefits and rewards! Keep up the good work!

If I am gonna eat   like a fat girl, then I gotta workout   like a skinny girl!

Valerie

MacMadame
on 5/26/09 10:21 am - Northern, CA
I love that program. You'll do fine!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Cassie W.
on 5/26/09 11:48 am
Good luck on your journey!  Making the commitment to fitness is certainly the key to long-term success.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

PamelaDV
on 5/26/09 11:50 am - Apex, NC
If I can do it you can do it!  Get out there girl!  

PamelaDV   Join me on my journey www.pameladv.blogspot.com 
Highest / Surgery / Current / Goal
   288   /     280    /     145    /  

inofwls
on 5/27/09 5:44 am
 Thanks every one for the encouragement, today was day 2 I have to admit my thighs were a little sore this morning it was lite showers outside but, none the less I got out there and completed 
course although I should have taken another route the hills was killings.

-Maryama

"Beauty is not in the face, Beauty is a light in the heart"
          -Khalil Gibran

levittown_loser
on 5/27/09 9:34 am - Levittown, PA
Make it to week 6 and you got it in the bag Maryama!!  Keep running :)    And yes ... get tight compression gear for top and bottom.  It really helps feel supported and comfortable.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active