My first 5K Race Report

Sherry_Berry
on 5/24/09 11:08 pm - Dacula, GA
The buttons are hard to get off-especially the first few times. It's like you need a tool or something!
Hawgman
on 5/25/09 2:44 am - TX
Congratulations on the the 5K.

Pam, don't worry about comparing yourself to other racers.  Keep your goals in mind and keep trying to do your best!!

Way to go!

Darrell
mcarthur01
on 5/25/09 3:28 am - Cumming, GA
great work!  i just finished my first one this morning as well, i know how good it felt for me to fini**** i know it had to be the same with you...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

kelibr
on 5/26/09 12:46 am
That is wonderful!  We went downtown and I saw everyone in their skirts.  So cute.  You look great!  Do they do this every year?  Maybe I can join you in the fall for the Autism Run.

Kelly

High/Surgery/Current/Goal
       288/242/138/145

PamelaDV
on 5/26/09 5:04 am - Apex, NC
I wish I had known you were there!  I would have loved to have met you!  I actually came home to a surprise party afterwards - it was just a great day.

Are you going to the support group meeting on Thursday?

PamelaDV   Join me on my journey www.pameladv.blogspot.com 
Highest / Surgery / Current / Goal
   288   /     280    /     145    /  

kelibr
on 5/26/09 10:02 am
It was a last minute thing to take the kids downtown. I did think the exercise skirts were so cute!  That is wonderful they gave you a surprise party.  It sounds like a great day!

Yes I am going to the support group on Thursday.  Will you be there?  It would be great to meet you.

Kelly

High/Surgery/Current/Goal
       288/242/138/145

Three4Me
on 5/26/09 3:20 am

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! I has WLS on 3/17/09 & have lost 61 pounds, but I am still over 200. I just signed up for my first 5k (am I insane, I thought?) and then I read your post!! YEAH!   I didn't think that it was likely that at over 200 pounds I could run the 5k, but I think I can do it.  Goodness, I hope I can do this!!

And...I love your goals...not to be last & not to stop running!!!  You are awesome!!!! You look so great in your photo & the fact that you have a smile on your face says it all!!! You go girl!!! xo, Micheala.

Preop Weight 293/SW 289/CW 202.3/GW 165/LW158

PamelaDV
on 5/26/09 5:06 am - Apex, NC

I have to give credit to my wonderful friend, Jen, who was running with me.  She was talking to me the whole time going "You are doing so great!  I'm so proud of you!  You haven't stopped!"

So let me tell you - if I can do it - you can do it!  And there were girls out there heavier than me running - some of them beating me.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

PamelaDV   Join me on my journey www.pameladv.blogspot.com 
Highest / Surgery / Current / Goal
   288   /     280    /     145    /  

Most Active