Monday - Memorial Day Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/25/09 6:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is enjoying their extended weekend! Let's hear what everyone did today:

I headed out to do a Century (100 Mile Ride) and at about mile 20, I took a pretty good spill coming across a bridge and hit a slick spot. My pedal and right knee took the brunt of the fall, so no harm done, but my knee was a little tender as the ride went on (I will post  some pics of the battle wounds). I ended getting in 80 miles, averaged 18.5 MPH and did 6 hill repeats from 2 - 4 minutes long each at about 80% effort. That was fun! Anyways, I am going to BBQ the spare ribs I have been marinating for 2 days now and enjoy the day with the family. I hope you all are well and look forward to hearing what you did!

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sandi B.
on 5/25/09 7:44 am - Haltom City, TX
Hey Dan!!!

Glad to see your post... You just inspire me all the time... THANK YOU!

Slept in this morning cause I didn't have to work... but BACK in the gym I went when I woke up!

Here's what I did today...

Treadmill .5 mile
Stairs 7 flights (3 min)
Bike 10 miles (30 min) cool down 1 min .25mi
Treadmill .5 mile
Ab machine 2 sets (20 each)
circuit machines (arms only)
then I headed downstairs and did weights for 30 min
Then off to the sauna (did my crunches then relaxed for toooooooooooo long lol)

Just came in from relaxing at the pool.

One of these days I'll run into you at the gym.

Have a great day!!  Miss ya on our board!
*Sandi* 
*Strength... it's inside, beside, behind and all around me*

saxman007
on 5/25/09 12:36 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Way to go -- sucks to crash!!!  Last year I took my spill at the end of the ride and I took the next couple days off of riding.  Great job on continuing on.
Vicki PNW
on 5/26/09 4:51 am
Got a cure for Monday blues?  Monday is a holiday!  Whoops!

1 hour water aerobics class.
1 hour power-walking around reservoirs.

Would have gone to my Group Power class but my car had problems.  I was to take it to the shop on Tuesday morning.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Kevin A.
on 5/26/09 7:27 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I did the L.A. Marathon Bike tour!! 22 miles through the City of L.A.!! It was cool to see ride the marathon course. I ended going to the finish line and cheering friends to the finish. I did feel a little jealous of all the runnners!! It still amazing to watch people fight through the pain and finish!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active