So I Have A Sick Goal......

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/24/09 12:23 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I just learned today that they are giving a slot to Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Clearwater, FL , to the Clydesdale division in my next 70.3 in Buffalo Springs next month. Here;s the rub.... There are only 14 Clydes registered so far, and last year the winning guy finished in 5:11:00 ish. If I can recover and fully peak for this race, I think I might have a shot at giving him a run for his money (He is registered again this year). His splits were 30 minutes on the swim.... With a wetsuit (Which will be legal in this race....it's a spring fed lake) I got that, his bike averaged 19.9mph... If I hammer on the flats and pace well up the hills, I should be able to dominate there... HIs run average was 7.2MPH which I have ran 16 miles at 7.8mph average... I think I can do it. So, my goal is to WIN a spot to Clearwater!!! Call me nuts, but I am going to leave it all out on the course next month... there is no doubt. Maybe Chad and I will be able to race together this year if that happens... We will see. I know it's a pipe dream, but you know me... dream big and go big or go home! Anyways, just some adrenaline talking as I am gearing up for my first Century ride in the morning. Catch ya on the flip side......
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Darrell H.
on 5/24/09 1:25 pm, edited 5/24/09 9:42 pm - Sinton, TX
That is awesome Dan. Wish I could head up to Lubbock next month, but I get to do my first sprint tri that day in Pearland. Get after it and shoot for the stars!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
MacMadame
on 5/24/09 2:25 pm - Northern, CA
I think that's a great goal.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Sherry_Berry
on 5/24/09 11:10 pm - Dacula, GA
Good luck! I know you can swim faster than you did in your last half ironman!

Anyhoo-as "momma" sherry would say. Don't get yourself injured trying. Your season is too long!
kypdurran
on 5/25/09 1:13 am - Baton Rouge, LA

That's really cool.   Traditionally, in the past, they didn't award slots for Kona or Clearwater to the clyde / athena divisions.   Clyde and athena registrants get race awards just like all the age group divisions but as far as slot allocation goes you were grouped in your age group.    Really cool that they've changed up the policy this year. 

You can do it!   It would be cool to race with you if you win the slot.  

Chad

mcarthur01
on 5/25/09 1:35 am - Cumming, GA
if you're going to be a bear.... be a nasty grizzley!  best of luck to you and go get some.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active