Whahoo! and weights?

mistiimichelle
on 5/20/09 2:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with

Well, I have been waiting for my Dr. and insurance approval since Feb. when I had my consult with Dr. Fitzer.  Today it came!  I go on October 7th for my RNY.

I am so excited, yet it doesn't quite seem real yet.  One of the first things that came into my brain was holy crap! only 20 weeks to get strong! and at the same time I wi**** was sooner.

I know that when you lose weight you also lose muscle mass.  As many of you know I have been going to the gym for the past few months.  I do cardio but have shyed away from the weights and weight machines. I feel awkward, foolish and weak.  Can anyone suggest some good exercises that will strengthen my core, that as a 250lb person I can do.  My workout buddy is tall and slim and some of the things she suggests I physicially can not do, no matter how easy she makes it look.

All the best,
Michelle

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/21/09 9:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congrats!! That's awesome news!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 5/21/09 1:58 pm - Northern, CA
Have you tried pilates? I just love those classes because they show you how to modify the exercises to make them harder or easier and everyone is doing it to their own abilities.

Cardio is a really good thing to do prior to surgery, btw. Making your cardio-vascular system stronger will lower some of the risks of surgery.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active