Five Mile race on Sunday!

BOS02215
on 5/19/09 4:36 am
WEll, it's finally here!  I have been running almost daily to train for the race and I feel I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I did a 5k last fall and walked a good portion of it. My goal this time is to run the whole way if I can. Speed is not a factor! This Sunday morning I will run in Boston's Run to Remember. Next year I plan to do the half marathon, but this year it is the 5 mile for me.

I have a really small pouch still and I can't stomach a lot in the morning so I am planning to have a nutrition bar with a decent blend of protein and carbs. Any other suggestions?  

Seht
on 5/19/09 8:57 am
You will probably be o.k. with that.  You could try a banana a couple hours before and then maybe your bar a little closer.  Make sure you have time to digest everything before the run.

If you take it nice and easy food/energy shouldn't be an issue for 5 miles.  Just make sure you keep yourself hydrated before and during the race.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 5/19/09 9:51 am - Northern, CA
It's too late for your race, but what I do is eat a normal breakfast before I go to the race (usually a protein shake) and then have half a banana or a protein bar about an hour before the race starts.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active