Running in the Rain Question

Chris S.
on 5/15/09 12:44 am - SC
Its a 50-60% chance of rain/thunderstorms this weekend in Wilmington DE when I will be running the Delaware marathon. 26 miles in the rain...UGH

Anyone have any suggestions? to keep my feet healthy or how to keep my iPod dry? I cannot imagine doing 26 miles without my iPod. PLUS it is 2 13 mile loops. MAYBE 1 26 mile loop but 2 loops-I definitely will need my iPod...

Any helpful hints?

Chris

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.....John Bingham aka The Penguin

kathkeb
on 5/15/09 2:27 am
how do you carry your ipod now?  on a waist thing or an armband?

can you snip a small hole in the bottom of a Ziplock-type sandwich bag, and thread the earbuds through the hole.
Then, zip the top closed with the ipod in it -- and put it in whatever holder you use? you should be able to activate the controls through the bag.

give it a try --- I could not go 2 miles without my ipod, let alone 26.2.

BEST of luck --- have a wonderful race (may want to over-do the 'body glide' to avoid wet clothes chafing -- I am thinking sleeve rub under your arm if you wear a regular t-shirt.

If you can figure out a way to have an extra pair of dry socks on you -- that might be handy -- even if just in your 'after race' bag.

Have a SAFE race.
Kath

Chris S.
on 5/15/09 2:54 am - SC
Thanks Kath

I have a shuffle, which I usually just clip to the shorts pocket opening. But I think I can do that with the zip lock bag and put the ipod in my pocket-and I also run with a waist pack-so maybe in there. Thansk!!! I will bring baggies!!

And oh yeah-I will body glide everywhere-especially my toes. Scott W taught me that one in Disney.

Thanks again

Chris
Cassie W.
on 5/15/09 10:39 am
When I run in the rain, I like to have a visor to help shield my eyes.   Other than the Body Glide, I don't have any advice for protecting your feet in the rain. 

Good luck.  I'll pray for clouds, no rain.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active