First Team 'Big' Red Walk/Run

saxman007
on 5/14/09 12:18 pm - Port Huron, MI
So tonight we started our Team 'Big' Red (the school where I teach are the Big Reds) and I think it went extremely well.  I had plans for everyone but as it turned out only passed out a couple to those that were left at the end.  
We probably had around 50 people throughout the entire night.  Some people who showed up shocked the hell out of me!  One kid who has  been having a really rough time with his parents was there with both his mom and dad -- really good too see that.  He completed 4 miles and his dad had him running for close to a mile of that, only problem: the kids was in flip flops lol.
Me, I got 6.25 or so in overall average of 9:17.  Did have to slow up a couple of times to either have to let my dog drink or pass her off to one of my students so she could walk a couple laps while I kept chugging along.
Did 5 miles pretty steady, had students join me and then fall off as they got tired.  After 5 miles a group of us did 8x100, 4x200, 2x100.  WOW, did that ever make me feel slow!!!  I had absolutely no way to even be respectful on those sprints!
Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts.  I'm sure this thing will grow through the upcoming weeks.
--Dan
Hawgman
on 5/14/09 11:38 pm - TX
Good job Dan!!  You are doing an outstanding thing for these people!!
mcarthur01
on 5/14/09 11:55 pm - Cumming, GA
sounds like you are really on to something, you should feel extremely proud of what your doing.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 5/15/09 12:33 am
Congrats on the first meeting.
I wish you many more successful sessions.  It's great that you had a turnout of 50 people, thats an awesome start to many good things.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 5/15/09 10:41 am
Great Job Dan!  Sounds like you're going to be building more than healthy hearts at the Big Red!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active