Thursday's Workout!!!

Scott William
on 5/13/09 11:21 pm
Just got back from a quick 2.2 miles.  It took a minute to feel good today. 

Yesterday, I tried to get out but some G.I. issues sent me home quickly!!!  It was still 1.25 miles more than I would have gone before surgery.

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY?!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Darrell H.
on 5/13/09 11:49 pm - Sinton, TX
I had a better swim workout today than the other day. Thanks to all the advice. I started with 100 yards non stop, then alternated 25 yards with a 30 second rest for an additional 300 yards for a total of 400 yards. Today at lunch I will do a speed workout of a 7 minute warm up run followed by striding 100 meters followed by walking 100 meters for 20 more minutes. I am hoping these speed workouts really help my time on my runs.  I unfortunately will be out of town at our regional track meet and will not have access to a pull or bike, so I have to adjust my weekly schedule.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Kevin A.
on 5/14/09 12:49 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
2 mile run!! I came close to talking myself out of going for a run!! Its still a battle!! But I'm glad I won today!!!

Next battle should I go workout at lunch and go back to do a spin class after work??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
mcarthur01
on 5/14/09 3:58 am - Cumming, GA
rest day today :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 5/14/09 4:51 am
Forced rest day.
My knee is hurting from speed work the other day.
Today was bike to work day, so I was here at 4:30 a.m. setting up the food tents and blocking off the streets for that.

I might try and make it to the gym tonight for some upper body workout.  But I'm definitely resting the knee.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 5/14/09 9:17 am - Northern, CA
I rode my bike to work. 18 miles. Then, in about an hour, I'll do it again and ride home.

I wonder if they'll feed us on the way home too. I'm guessing.... No.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Cassie W.
on 5/14/09 9:46 am
Today  was a 4-mile run, including 2.5 miles at a steady 9:06 to practice marathon race pace.  I'm at the point now, where I just wish the race would get here already. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Vicki PNW
on 5/14/09 12:29 pm
One hour of Group Active class that involves 1/3 step, 1/3 free weights, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on dreadmill.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary bike.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Brian W.
on 5/14/09 1:11 pm - Belmont, CA
4 miles in about 46 minutes, feeling pretty good after a 12 miler yesterday.

Experimenting with a toepad that I've made to correct this Morton's Toe condition I have.  Seems the pad is supposed to place the weight back where it belongs.  I did run faster with less effort than before, especially after 12 miles yesterday, so time will tell if this will correct my foot issues.  Gonna make a few adjustments as far as the feel goes.

Brian
~350
Most Active