Tuesday workouts

Cassie W.
on 5/12/09 11:01 am
It's taper time for me for the next two weeks.  So, today was 5 miles at an average 9:12 pace.  It's going to be strange only running 15 miles this week. 

How 'bout y'all?

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Darrell H.
on 5/12/09 12:29 pm - Sinton, TX
This morning I swam 400 yards, 50 yards at a time. At noon I did a short speed workout which consisted of a 7 minute walk/jog warm up followed by 15 minutes of sprinting 100 meters then walking 100 meters. After the 15 minutes Idid a cool down lap.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Jce3g
on 5/12/09 1:01 pm - MI
 swam tonight for the first time in years,  swam 1000 meters, final prep for tri this weekend.

MUSTREAD

saxman007
on 5/12/09 1:45 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Nice easy run averaging around 9:30 for the first 3.5-4 miles then the gastric distress set in.  OMG, chad I have so much more sympathy for you now!!!!!  Wow, not sure what set it off but that last mile and a half home was agony -- but at least I made it
--Dan
Vicki PNW
on 5/12/09 4:58 pm
One hour Group Active class involving 1/3 step, 1/3 free weights, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
20 minutes on dreadmill (5 minutes on first machine; 15 minutes on second one).  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down (on second machine only).
15 minutes on stationary bike.

With dreadmill, started out at 3.0 mph.  At the 5-minute mark, changed speed to 3.5.  The machine promptly made a very loud and strange noise within the machinery.  I was concerned that the machinery was going to smoke out or smell like burnt wires or worse.  So I promptly stopped the machine and reported the problem to one of the trainers.  He understood exactly what I was talking about and told me that the problem that I described had happened on that one particular machine before and he would call that in.  A couple minutes later, I started on a different machine at 3.5 mph for the next 15 minutes and was able to complete the rest of my dreadmill workout without any further incident.  As I was leaving the clubhouse after completing all my workouts, the same trainer told me that the maintenance people were repairing it (or at least trying to).

At least the stationary bike was OK!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Elisa K.
on 5/12/09 9:24 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I am trying to get back into the swing of things - I took a little time off after the Broad Street Run.  I did a 5 mile run at a very easy pace.  Back to the grind!!
MaryS
on 5/12/09 10:32 pm, edited 5/12/09 11:17 pm - Long Island, NY
I did a 1/2 hour walk at lunch; it was so nice to get away from my desk for a little while. Last night I went running/walking with my husband. He is getting ready for his first race next week. I hope he catches the race bug.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/12/09 10:49 pm - Fort Worth, TX
2000 meter swim in 37:07... Nice and easy, did kick turns every length.... 1st time I have done that.... I think it actually slows me down, but it's all good. Thank goodness there are ni kick-turns in open water.,..unless you really want to **** some folks off :)
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 5/12/09 11:24 pm - Cumming, GA
Tuesday workouts included 35 minutes of weights (should, back, and bi), 37 minutes on the stairmaster, outside 4 mile run @ 10:23 pace (PR for me), and 1000 meters in the pool.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active