Problem with hunger

mcarthur01
on 5/11/09 5:31 am - Cumming, GA
I've had a real problem with hunger lately, which has been getting cumulatively worse over the past 2 months.  As i've ratcheted up my workouts i've noticed energy issues (light headed feeling or head-rushes when I stand up) on work out days and even on rest days as well.  I've found that i'm chewing a lot of gum lately to help curb the hunger problem and there is a very real desire to graze.

I'm currently eating around 1400 to 1500 calories a day, over 100g of protein and typically over 150 160g of Carbs.  i work out around 2 to 2 1/2 hours 5 days a week and mix it up in the gym with the majority of the work cardio (jogging, swimming, cardio machines etc).  I'm planning on seeing a sports nutritionist but wanted to gather opinions from you guys as well.  Any insights would be helpful.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/11/09 10:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
Sounds to me like you are not eating enough. You will burn 1500-2000 cals in 2 hours depending on your workouts and you are having a huge caloric deficit and are probably really low on Glycogen stores. I don't know how big you are, but I am 6'2" weigh around 200 pounds and eat 3500-4500 calories a day on average... Sometimes more, sometimes less....Get with your nut, talk about your goals and let them help you. Good luck buddy.... 
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 5/11/09 10:46 pm - Cumming, GA
thanks for the info.  I'm 6'0" and weigh around 250.  I have a decent sized frame and think it is realistic to get to around 200 eventually.  I started off @ 431 6 1/2 months ago.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Scott William
on 5/11/09 9:43 pm
The three times that I have trained for a marathon, I gained 10 pounds each time.  I lost 5 after each for a net gain of 15 lbs.  Once the big mile runs came up, my appetite went through the roof. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active