Major Development in my Quest

Dan T.
on 5/9/09 5:23 pm - Logan, UT
I have been unable to obtain a road bike due to low funds and 2 weeks ago I was laid off, making in near impossible for me to get a bike to train let alone race.  Thanks to a kind benefactor I am getting a Trek 1.2 Triple in about 3 weeks - excited to hit the road and get off the stationary bike!

More info on my blog:

http://azcycle4life.blogspot.com/2009/05/stumbling-blocks-an d-major-stepping.html
Dan

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

levittown_loser
on 5/9/09 10:41 pm - Levittown, PA
Wow!  How exciting.   That's awesome.  Congrats.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

MaryS
on 5/10/09 12:40 am - Long Island, NY
Wow - that is so wonderful! There are some amazing people in the world. Enjoy your new bike.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Seht
on 5/10/09 3:48 am
Awesome, congrats!
Good luck with all your future riding enjoyment.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 5/10/09 10:44 am - Port Huron, MI
 I've got an 7 year old trek 1500 that I still use and love it!  Great bike that will cover all of your wants/needs right now.  Get ready for that first ride on the road, nothing quiet like the wind in your hair as you're grinding out the miles!
--Dan
Dan T.
on 5/10/09 11:50 am - Logan, UT
Thanks guys - I was quite shocked by it all myself - not sure it will set in anytime soon.
Dan

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

kypdurran
on 5/10/09 11:11 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Thats great Dan.    Congrats on that awesome score!   What century ride are you doing?

Trek is good stuff!  :)   I'll admit I am a little biased since I ride a Equinox TTX 9.5.  :)

mcarthur01
on 5/11/09 12:23 am - Cumming, GA
Sweet turn of events Dan, i'm looking forward to your reports from the road.  I need to purchase my first bike soon as well, and like you am scratching my head regarding funding...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

BOS02215
on 5/12/09 8:05 am
That is so cool. I don't always believe in the inherent kindness of people, but I am pleasantly surpised when I see it manifested.  Enjoy it!

Most Active