sports bean score

Seht
on 5/9/09 6:19 am
I took my son to the jelly belly factory to see how they were made, and to get a jelly bean fix.
I was hoping to find a deal on the sports beans.  I can tolerate them without any problem.  That's not necessarily a good thing.  Anyhow they didn't have any great deal in the store, they were .99 for each little package, and they don't sell them in bulk.  I was checking out and the cashier told me to check their discount store around the corner past their cafeteria.  I went over there and I found the watermelon one with added caffeine selling 2 packages for $1.00.  Score, then I turned around and I really scored on the sports beans.  They have what they call belly flops.  Those are the beans that stuck together or are misshapen.  They were selling these in 1 pound bags for $2.00.  I think I overdid it, I probably now have enough sports beans to last me for the next year.

Oh well the good part of it is I had my wife drop me and my bike off on the way home.  I wanted to talk to a friend of mine about some running instruction.  He coaches his kids high school track team, and he consistantly places in the local running events.  He gave me some pointers and a little outline of what I should be working on.  He looked at my times from the last couple races and told me I need to add some speed work.  I knew I needed to, but I didn't really know how to start or how much to do.  I want to make sure I get a good quality workout.  My training sessions need to incorporate a workout as well as a learning/training experience.

I followed that visit up with a hour bike ride home to burn off some of those sports beans I sampled at the factory.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 5/9/09 7:54 am - Northern, CA
I'm sort of jealous even though Sports beans make me cramp up if I take them while running. But a pound for $2? That's a steal!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/9/09 9:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
I will send you money if you can go score me some and ship em ... Seriously. Let me know!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 5/10/09 10:48 am - Port Huron, MI
I second Dan's request if you ever go back -- just let me know

Seht
on 5/9/09 10:52 am
The factory is about an hour from my house.
If there was enough interest I'd go back over and make a big purchase.
Like I said these are all the irregulars.  In most casees it's 2-3 beans that are stuck together.
There is no choice in flavor they are all mixed together.  The ones I got were orange and red.  It's all they had available at the time.
They had the watermelon flavor available 2 packs for a buck and all the other flavors were 1 dollar each.
I almost got myself a riding jersey, but all they had were small and x-small.  Too bad because they were closing them out at 45.00 each. 

MacMadame
on 5/9/09 3:30 pm - Northern, CA
A bike jersey?? Maybe we'll make a trip up there tomorrow.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 5/9/09 4:42 pm
They had a bunch of them on the non clearance rack for 90.00 each, but they had 2 x-small and 1 small on the sale rack for 50% off.

Scott

Brian W.
on 5/10/09 2:36 pm - Belmont, CA
I live about an hour/hour and a half from Jelly Belly, so I'm gonna have to go up there and scout out that discount store one of these weekends soon.

Brian
~350
Most Active