Thursday workouts

mcarthur01
on 5/7/09 12:17 am - Cumming, GA
I just kicked my own ass in the gym today... and didn't even give myself a hug afterwards.

35 minutes of weights (chest, tri)
37 minutes on the stairmaster
4 mile jog outside (11 min pace, which is pretty good for me)
1/2 mile swim between 15-16 minutes.

Next...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/7/09 12:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
I have a group 3 mile swim in Benbrook Lake after work.... I can't wait!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/8/09 2:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
We knocked out a little over 2 miles in some choppy conditions. A lot of fun, and I am getting pretty good at sighting. I am ready for Orlando..... One prob..... Scattered T-Storms, 60% chance of rain.... Good times!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 5/7/09 6:28 am
Tonights exercise will be my butt muscles.  I'm going to see sneak preview of Star Trek.
So my exercise will be trying to keep away from the popcorn and goodies.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Markrb
on 5/7/09 9:07 am - MA
I did a 5 mile jog at lunch at about 11 minutes per mile. I did 3 workouts yesterday and tomorrow I'm forcing myself to take an off day since it's been a few weeks since I've taken a day off.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

saxman007
on 5/7/09 12:30 pm - Port Huron, MI
 3.3 miles @ 8:58 pace.  Probably could've kept a 8:50 pace but my buddy was struggling -- wow can't believe that I'm starting to be at the low 9's high 8's!!!!
Concert tonight -- showed some YouTube videos of Dick and Rick Hoyt and start our Team 'Big' Red next week.  Hoping to get 20-30 people joining for walking/running.  It'll be interesting to see how many show up
Cassie W.
on 5/7/09 12:37 pm
This morning was another round of intervals to practice keeping a steady pace, this time on a hilly course.  After a mile warm-up, we did two 2 mile sets, the 1st set at an average 9:21 and the second at 9:17. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MacMadame
on 5/7/09 3:30 pm - Northern, CA
Group bike ride. I decided to try to keep up with the big boys this time. I kept them in site for the first 1/3 but then I missed a traffic light and they dropped me like a rock!

I took a shortcut though and was able to catch back up to some of them before being dropped again.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Vicki PNW
on 5/7/09 3:36 pm
1 hour group class called "Group Active" that involves 1/3 step, 1/3 lifting free weights, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on treadmill, averaging 3.0 mph.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary bike. 
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.
15 minutes on treadmill (for the second time due to inclement weather outside), averaging 3.0 mph.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Kevin A.
on 5/8/09 12:47 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Total Body Conditioning class at lunch time. Went back after work to do weights chest and shoulders and spin class!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active