Nike + IPod Nano OR other?

PplAmanda
on 5/6/09 2:57 am - Benton, AR
I recently purchased a new pair of running shoes that happen to be Nike+. They have the sensor that syncs with an IPod Nano to track distance, time, calories burned, etc... The sensor is only $30, but it would require me to upgrade from my current Shuffle to a Nano About $130. Plus I can attach the sensor to other shoes if I need to switch brands.
Has anyone else used the Nike+ system? If so, what are your thoughts. If not, what other gadget do you use to track performance?
I love my music, so I will usually carry an IPod of some sort and would like to not have to strap multiple items onto my arms.
Thanks!
Seht
on 5/7/09 12:45 am
I have seen many posts from people saying they love that combo.  I haven't used it myself, Nike's usually run too narrow for my fat feet.
The only thing I would recommend is a good watch like one of the Ironman watches or a Garmin, or a Polar.  One that will do heart rate monitoring and you can setup intervals on.
I love all the features of the Garmin, but it is kind of big.  I certainly wouldn't wear it for casual every day around town use.  But it has heart rate monitoring, and you can get adapters for indoor running where the GPS signals are weak or non existant, you can get cadence sensors to add to your bicycle.  They are a pretty nice package.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 5/7/09 3:36 pm - Northern, CA
I have a Nike+ and I really like it. What I like about it is that for $20 (much cheaper than a HRM with GPB), I can track how far I've run and also I can participate in "challenges" with friends via the Nike+ site.

But eventually all get the super-dooper HRM that does everything and then I won't need it.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

levittown_loser
on 5/9/09 1:24 pm - Levittown, PA
I also love the Nike + system.  It's not super accurate but it does it's job fairly well.   And as mentioned above it's fun to participate in challenges online and also seeing all your workouts listed in one place is encouraging also.

I got a bum sensor that only lasted 3 weeks ...took it back and got it replaced for free.  I think they are supposed to last around 2 years.

I also don't use Nike sneaks.  I have a marware pouch for my sensor.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

BOS02215
on 5/12/09 8:16 am
I love my Nike + system. I wear Brooks shoes so I have a pouch attached to my laces to hold the sensor.
Most Active