x-post: What can I wear to restrain the loose skin/flab while exercising?

NinaLynn
on 5/6/09 8:52 am
At 1.5 years post-op, I have come to terms with wearing something everyday under my clothes to keep all the loose stuff under control.  But none of that (control top, spanx, etc) is very conducive to exercise.  Is there anything light-weight, breathable, that can be worn under clothes?  I have the stamina to actually run for a little bit now, and my muscles can handle it, but my skin/flesh can't.  What do you guys do?

Diana

Seht
on 5/6/09 9:04 am
You mentioned spanx, I use under armor compression shirts and pants.
I have seen suggestions for the elastic weight belts that people use when having to do heavy lifting.
You could also look for medical grade compression gear.  It is pricy, but you can get whole body suits.

Good luck on your hunt for something that works.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 5/6/09 11:13 pm - Cumming, GA
I also use Underarmor compression gear under my shorts and shirt (both top and bottom).  It doesn't stop all of the loose skin movement, but it is a vast improvement over no compression.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Chunky Dunker
on 5/7/09 6:26 am - WA
I wear what I call "Granny Panties" which are full briefs with the power panel in the front. The ones I have are Delta Burke brand. I also have some I got at Costco which don't have as much "power" but I can wear them alone. When I wear the others, I wear my cotton Jockeys under them. The Costco ones are Flesees. I ran a 1/2 marathon in those. I don't worry too much about  my arms flappin' and my thighs wigglin'. I wear tanks with a built in bra and running tights that go to my knee.
Most Active