Great Monday Workout!

saxman007
on 5/4/09 12:19 pm - Port Huron, MI
I need to post this one for you all -- I feel absolutely great! The last 2 1/2 weeks I've been somewhat out of my rhythm.
Today I did a 3.2 mile run averaging 8:59/mile!  Felt pretty good the whole way through, was running with one of friends and I was pushing him considerably so I kept backing off a little bit but or splits were +/- 5' so it was consistent.  
Tonight I had the BEST swim that I've ever had!  I went in with the mentality that I was going to really work on the catch and 'feel' the water.  I've never swam like that in my life, wow it was great.  It felt so easy and effortless.  Did a pretty quick 500 warm-up with only 100 breath, and probably didn't need it.  Than I did 2x250 w/pull really focusing on the stroke and I had a couple of 16 stroke lengths.  Had one of the masters group guys work with me on flip turns (first time) and am looking forward to getting them into my rotation.  Just to keep the rhythm of the drill will be nice instead of the sloppy turn that I now somewhat execute, lol.  Finished with some of a hypoxic drill: 4x25, 4x50, 4x100 -- I stopped on the 100 after doing the 5 stroke knowing that I would be a complete mess on the 7 and 9 stroke.
Feeling great and looking forward to tomorrows workouts!!!!
--Dan 
Seht
on 5/4/09 3:08 pm
Awesome job, congrats on the great workout.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Scott William
on 5/4/09 10:53 pm
Way to go Dan.  Nice work.

I did 3.1 miles at about 80 percent.  I felt good after.  When I go out and lumber through a leisurely run I don't feel as good as when I really bust out a high tempo run.  I also like the mile repeats.  That is a workout I look forward to.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active