Avia Wildflower 70.3 Race Report

kypdurran
on 5/4/09 4:40 am - Baton Rouge, LA

What a ball-buster of a race but I enjoyed every minute of it.   The plan for this week involves splashing around in a pool, Epsom salt baths, ice and massages.   I even get next Sunday OFF from training!  :)

Race report is written and up at:

http://www.team464.com/wildflower2009/index.php

I don't have any pics yet because I can't get them off my camera but I'm gonna get the digital download package pics from the vendor that was on the course.

Have a great day!

Chad

Darrell H.
on 5/4/09 5:29 am - Sinton, TX
Awesome report Chad. Sounds like a beautiful race. You are such an inspiration. Keep up the great work!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/4/09 5:56 am - Fort Worth, TX
Way to go bro!!! You are the man. Great report, great result, sounds like a race for the ages... I will have to put it on "The Bucket List".
Rest well my friend, for tomorrow we fight against ourselves again....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 5/4/09 6:06 am
Awesome job Chad.

I always enjoy reading your race reports. 
Way to beat the course.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 5/4/09 6:30 am - Cumming, GA
Great report and great work on the course!  Your accomplishments make my short term goals seem very small indeed.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Elisa K.
on 5/4/09 9:17 am - Lumberton, NJ
Chad - what a great race report!!  Thanks so much for sharing - I am truly inspired!!
MacMadame
on 5/4/09 10:02 am - Northern, CA
Great report!

I was talking to a woman from my age group after our race and she said her daughter did the Long course last year and she found it HARDER than any Ironman she's done.

I just thought you'd like to know that.... it makes finishing that much more impressive!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 5/5/09 3:08 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks for all the kind comments guys!  

Post-Wildflower Day 3 and I still feel like I've been run over by a big truck.   Training doesn't really kick back in until next week.   I'm enjoying what I can of the recovery but can't help but feel like I should be doing 'something'.   :)

Got a few pics up at http://www.team464.com/wildflower2009/pics/   None of them racing yet.  I'm relying on the ASI Photos people for that and they should have the pictures ready to download by Friday.   My interview video should be up sometime this week as well.  I'll post it when they put it up.

Have a great day!

Chad

Cassie W.
on 5/6/09 11:13 am
You are truly amazing!  Congratulations on conquering a beast of a course.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active